3d modellers

Started by
4 comments, last by omega_001 22 years, 5 months ago
Can anyone recommend any freeware 3d modellers? Preferably quick and easy to use so I can make some rough models. Thanks Kiel p.s. check out my website on screensavers I desperatley want some feedback. www.lancs.ac.uk/ug/gilleade
Advertisement
Try www.discreet.com - Discreet are the guys working on 3D Studio MAX and I believe they have a free modeller out now (If it's not out atm then it'll be out soon)

Blender is the free (Note: !!!FREE!!!) 3d modeller also aimed at 3d model / level development. I don't know the URL but I'm sure a quick search in altavista or yahoo (Or anywhere in fact) would yield instant results.

Also note that if you can find code for loading specific model formats (Such as the Quake2 .MD2 format) then you instantly have a slew of editors at your disposal.

And of course, as a last resort, you could always temporarily use a *cough* cracked *cough* 3d modeller *g*

Edited by - TheGilb on October 29, 2001 7:54:22 AM
you can order some demo stuff from discreet, I have no idea if the demo soft-ware is any good sorry...

http://www.discreet.com/products/forms/max_form_fset.html
Blender is, well, confusing as hell. I tried it, and didn''t really get it. So then I spent 300 dollars on the best, easiest to use modeler out there, ZBRUSH! And yes cr*cked modelers are an option, but not reccommended. Not only is it illegal, but there''s often a hidden price (ig: crashes, fun new viruses, and so on). If you want a truely nice modeler that is easy to use, it will probably carry it''s price in money or hardship. Zbrush is nice because you can make a rough model in just a few minutes. This includes heads, ships, ect. Easiest I''ve seen anyway.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
Oh, and if you want to give it a try, and you have more time than me (enough time to learn it), here''s where you can grab blender.
  http://www.blender3d.com/splash/index.php  

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
check out milkshape 3d!
it seems to be o.k. (i''m no modeler!) and the
price is reasonable.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement