Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tokikenshi

Why not SDL?

Maybe because SDL is supposed to make it so simple that you don't need additional articles ?? But I don't know. I have never used it.
Maybe because nobody uses SDL ?

Edited by - granat on October 29, 2001 6:08:29 AM

quote:
Original post by granat
Maybe because SDL is supposed to make it so simple that you don''t need additional articles ?? But I don''t know. I have never used it.
Maybe because nobody uses SDL ?

Edited by - granat on October 29, 2001 6:08:29 AM

Hmm... If you think you know everything, then why in hell am I using it if you say that no one uses it? Before talking, I would get the facts instead of just saying well no one uses it. Just because you don''t use it doesn''t mean that nobody uses it, I''ve USED it for Linux projects and windows projects. I still use it sometimes and I too wouldn''t mind seeing SDL articles around...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer

No.. it´s because SDL is really simple...
SDL is growing... if you want help, you can find all that you need at SDL mailing list..

http://www.libsdl.org/mailman/listinfo/sdl

use SDL!

Quaternion Labs
Linux Inside
Assembly
DemoScene

Oy, thanks!
I''ve only used it for a couple of days, and as far as I can say for now it''s schweet.

BTW, does anyone know where I can find a dat-file routine for SDL? Doesn''t matter if it is with or without compression.

quote:
Original post by Cyberdrek
Hmm... If you think you know everything, then why in hell am I using it if you say that no one uses it? Before talking, I would get the facts instead of just saying well no one uses it. Just because you don''t use it doesn''t mean that nobody uses it, I''ve USED it for Linux projects and windows projects. I still use it sometimes and I too wouldn''t mind seeing SDL articles around...

I did not pretend to know everything. I just had some thoughts on what COULD be the answers.
I do suggest that you take some of those pills that make people happy. You need them.

I wrote an SDL tutorial last weekend. Dave said it should be posted within the next 6-8 weeks. It should also show up on Flipcode some time in the future.

Johnny Watson
Owner/Main Programmer Vigasotech, Inc.