• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
shani_ace

This topic is 2139 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi... i need to know how to create an avatar using only c++... i don't want to create it in 2D or 3D.. i just want to create a character using only c++.. then i want to perform some functions on it... so if there is some way please tell me..

Advertisement

Whats the question? smile.png

Well, obviously how to create an avatar using only c++ not in 2D or 3D, so that leaves 1D and 4+D

Anyway, we need to know what system etc.?

mmm question is quite confusing... maybe you are asking how to create the logic and data of a character without a graphical representation? And then how to perform "functions" on it?

You need a class that represents the character with its data members and functions defined, ...then you need the game logic/entity system that uses it, ...so it becomes an actual "avatar"/character in the game. You can have a base class that has no graphical representation ...but then you have to have a derived class that has the geometry data/sprite if you want your character to be seen on the screen.

The wording "avatar" is probably a bit unlucky. It will immediately make everyone think of the graphical depiction of your character (either the 3D model or the little image shown over your character stats).

So if you continue saying "not 2D or 3D", the normal reaction will be of the "lolwut?" kind. You probably meant to ask about how to implement the game's main character in terms of structures and classes?

If you could clarify what game this is for? A character for a game like Diamonds or Super Mario (which is basically a position and some minimum state) is much different from e.g. a character in a typical RPG (which would have half a dozen attributes, and a large inventory, and a large list of completed quests, etc.).

Edited by samoth

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!