• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Noxil

DX11 Setting up VS2012 with Directx11 (multiple projects)

This topic is 2139 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello.

So this is something that is asked alot 

All the tutorials and all the responses say the same.

1: Add include path to "Configurations -> VC++ Directores -> Include Directories"
2: Add lib include path to "Configurations -> VC++ Directores -> Library Directories"
3: Add what libs you are intressted in to "Configurations -> Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies"

It works just great when i only have 1 project in my solution.
But i just cant get it to work for a solution that holds multiple projects.

This is what i have tried:
1: Do the steps for the project that holds my directx 11 code (only 2 files at the moment)
2: Do the steps for each project in my solution (4 projects)
3: Do the steps for the startup project of the solution

The result i keep getting is either "cannot open include file: d3dx11.h" or "unresolved reference CreateDXGIFactory" 

I am using the June 2010 SDK if that can help.

Im clearly missing something. I just dont know what.

Advertisement

You should do steps #1, #2, #3 only for projects that use DirectX. "d3dx11.h" error happens when include paths aren't correct, "CreateDXGIFactory" error happens because you didn't link all required libraries; MSDN says you need "DXGI.lib".

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!