Need some opinions about how a finished game would look like

Started by
6 comments, last by Tom Sloper 10 years, 4 months ago

Hello,

I think I finished my first game project which is a Tic tac toe game and now I want to let the game be free in this wonderful world. What features do you think I should add to my game? And how I can do that other people will hear about my game?

The game can be downloaded by clicking here.

[attachment=19156:Capture.PNG]

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

Advertisement

Although d3d8 isn't multiplatform, BASS is. If you wanted to, you could try creating multiplatform project next time.

Looking at dependencies, the .exe seems pretty static, which is good. You can share this game with just about anyone without them needing to install anything extra.

The game does all it set out to do. The win sound may be too loud in comparison to the ambience/music.

Overall, not bad. I think you should consider this project done. I know I would.

Good job

Hello,

I think I finished my first game project which is a Tic tac toe game and now I want to let the game be free in this wonderful world. What features do you think I should add to my game? And how I can do that other people will hear about my game?

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Congrats. Will download it when i can. Can't wait to be able to do that with c++. May i ask what you used. Is it a visual studio game.
If you want other people to see it. You need lots of money. The cost is about $0.00. Get an fb fanpage, youtube channel etc. Make more games and improve on the ones you think needs it. Post demos on youtube (that's what i see indie's do) and celebrate each game you finish

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32

--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

Although d3d8 isn't multiplatform, BASS is. If you wanted to, you could try creating multiplatform project next time.

Looking at dependencies, the .exe seems pretty static, which is good. You can share this game with just about anyone without them needing to install anything extra.

The game does all it set out to do. The win sound may be too loud in comparison to the ambience/music.

Overall, not bad. I think you should consider this project done. I know I would.

Good job

Thanks Kaptein. I think its time to move on. I will fix that sound first.

Hello,

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Congrats. Will download it when i can. Can't wait to be able to do that with c++. May i ask what you used. Is it a visual studio game.
If you want other people to see it. You need lots of money. The cost is about $0.00. Get an fb fanpage, youtube channel etc. Make more games and improve on the ones you think needs it. Post demos on youtube (that's what i see indie's do) and celebrate each game you finish

Thank you. And enjoy the game. Looking forward for your feedback. I used Visual Studio Express 2013 and Haaf's Game engine. Will make youtube channel:)

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

Nicely done!

Here's some feedback in terms of potential things to fix and/or improve on, if you feel like it.

Personally, I'd care more about the bugs than the potential improvements.

Bugs:

1. The exit button is active on the instructions page.

Start the game. Go to Instructions. While on the instructions page, click on where the Exit button is on the main menu. Observe that game exits.

2. Some areas aren't selectable, even though they seem to be.

In game, select the bottom-right corner of the middle cell. You can click on roughly an entire brick (background) without anything happening. The bottom-left cell also has areas like this (in the bottom-left area).

3. Some areas produce 2 symbols.

In game, click on the divider that seperates the top-left and the top-middle cells. Some cases here allow a single click to place 2 icons. This does not allow exploiting, as the icons alternate correctly.

4. Sometimes, the victory message doesn't clear.

Not sure what causes this. Sometimes the victory message remains on-screen (seemingly) forever, until a new game is completed.

5. (Nit-picking) Symbols aren't centered in the cells.

Not a big deal.

6. (Nit-picking) Victory messages aren't in the same place for player 1 and player 2.

Not a big deal. I only noticed this because of bug 4.

Potential improvements:

• Somewhat expecting the X and O symbols to have different colors (red for O springs to mind).-
  • When placing the final symbol (to win), it would be cool to have some effect. Currently, the board resets instantly. Maybe a line struck through the winning section, with a timer (and/or mouseDown) to clear.
  • I found the placement sound a bit painful/loud.
  • There could be unique placement sounds for each player.
  • I found parts of the text slightly hard to read against the background.
  • The font used makes the O (used for player indicator) look identical to the number 0. Slightly confusing on a fresh board, but not a big deal.
  • Currently, buttons are active if you mouseDown outside them and drag onto the button. Potential improvement is to only do button event on mouseUp over the button (if the button received a mouseDown in the first place).

Hello to all my stalkers.

Nice game :)

Next challenge: Add an AI player!

<p>Nicely done!Here's some feedback in terms of potential things to fix and/or improve on, if you feel like it.Personally, I'd care more about the bugs than the potential improvements.Bugs:1. The exit button is active on the instructions page.Start the game. Go to Instructions. While on the instructions page, click on where the Exit button is on the main menu. Observe that game exits.2. Some areas aren't selectable, even though they seem to be.In game, select the bottom-right corner of the middle cell. You can click on roughly an entire brick (background) without anything happening. The bottom-left cell also has areas like this (in the bottom-left area).3. Some areas produce 2 symbols.In game, click on the divider that seperates the top-left and the top-middle cells. Some cases here allow a single click to place 2 icons. This does not allow exploiting, as the icons alternate correctly.4. Sometimes, the victory message doesn't clear.Not sure what causes this. Sometimes the victory message remains on-screen (seemingly) forever, until a new game is completed.5. (Nit-picking) Symbols aren't centered in the cells.Not a big deal.6. (Nit-picking) Victory messages aren't in the same place for player 1 and player 2.Not a big deal. I only noticed this because of bug 4.Potential improvements:

• Somewhat expecting the X and O symbols to have different colors (red for O springs to mind).-
  • When placing the final symbol (to win), it would be cool to have some effect. Currently, the board resets instantly. Maybe a line struck through the winning section, with a timer (and/or mouseDown) to clear.
  • I found the placement sound a bit painful/loud.
  • There could be unique placement sounds for each player.
  • I found parts of the text slightly hard to read against the background.
  • The font used makes the O (used for player indicator) look identical to the number 0. Slightly confusing on a fresh board, but not a big deal.
  • Currently, buttons are active if you mouseDown outside them and drag onto the button. Potential improvement is to only do button event on mouseUp over the button (if the button received a mouseDown in the first place).

Are you a game tester. Really plain and straight to the point. Will really like that feedback for my games (when they are ready). Good job

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32

--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

1. What features do you think I should add to my game?
2. And how I can do that other people will hear about my game?

1. Please ask that question in the Game Design forum instead of For Beginners.
2. Please ask marketing questions in the Business/Law forum instead of For Beginners.

I'm closing this thread as off-topic for For Beginners. Feel free to start new threads in the appropriate forums. Good luck with your game!

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement