Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hajkr

directx-Complier-Problem

Hello, I wanted to compile a direct3d sample form the dxsdk8 with Microsoft Visual c++ 6.0 on my Computer. But there was a compile error, although I didn''t change anything in the code. It was error C2664. Can anybody please help me?

I don't know what the error code is off the top of my head but I'd guess its a link error which has occured because you have not setup the Include & Library paths in you compiler.

To do this go to Tools->Options and click the Directory tab select Include from the selector and add a new path to the DX include files (eg: c:\mssdk\include) then select Library from the selector and add the DX library path (eg: c:\mssdk\libs).

Make sure you move these new paths to the top of the lists!!!

If you have already done all that and that is not the problem post the full error string because I don't have MS stuff on my linux box at work

Hope that works
X2K

Edited by - xstreme2000 on October 29, 2001 6:39:04 AM

Ok i already have included all header files and libraries.
I can''t give you the exact error message, because i have a german compiler.

But it says:

unable to convert parameter 4 ''long (struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)'' in ''int (__stdcall *)(struct HWND__ *,unsigned
int,unsigned int,long)''
No function with this name does fit to target type

sorry for my english.

in german it is:

Konvertierung des Parameters 4 von ''long (struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)'' in ''int (__stdcall *)(struct HWND__ *,unsigned
int,unsigned int,long)'' nicht moeglich
Keine Funktion mit diesem Namen im Gueltigkeitsbereich stimmt mit dem Zieltyp ueberein