Create your own multiplayer game ~ Tutorial [Java]

Started by
5 comments, last by Christian Tucker 10 years, 3 months ago

After spending hours putting together a server and testing numerous things, I'm ready to create a tutorial series for members to create their own multiplayer Java game, this tutorial series will eventually branch off and get into more advanced things such as authorative servers, server-sided collision, and other things, however we're starting small.

We will be writing the server throughout the first few videos, if I don't explain something good enough, please let me know and I'll be happy to re-address something.

I have uploaded the server to clean-files for download, if you simply didn't want to type out the entire server (The first 5-6 videos), you can download this at the following link: http://bit.ly/JsPPj8 [moderator edit: read the fine print before entering any personal information into that site...]
^The above link does require you to fill out a survey for download, however it's not like "CashLinks", you actually recieve your file. I'm doing this simply has a way of income, as I'm going through a really, really tough time and every penny helps. If you don't want to type it out, you can download it, or if you want to just tell me "Thanks" or "Donate" towards me, downloading from the link above would be greatly appreciated. Downloading this file is NOT required. Everything will be addressed through the tutorials. ((Brought up by a Moderator here, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT DO ANY CELL-PHONE VERIFICIATION FOR THESE SURVEYS. NO.))

PlayList Link:

Advertisement
This tutorial will really the guy that wants to make an MMORPG game with java in the game programming forums. I'll tell him.
*edit: It seems he's already started making it.

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32

--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

if you simply didn't want to type out the entire server (The first 5-6 videos), you can download this at the following link: http://bit.ly/JsPPj8
^The above link does require you to fill out a survey for download, however it's not like "CashLinks", you actually recieve your file.

I haven't tried it, because all of the "surveys" offered to me required signing up for $10/20/45 per week mobile phone subscription scams...

Why not just set up a web-store via ebay or paypal or selz.com, etc, where your users can pay you directly instead of being led down the internet-equivalent of a dark alley? tongue.png

if you simply didn't want to type out the entire server (The first 5-6 videos), you can download this at the following link: http://bit.ly/JsPPj8
^The above link does require you to fill out a survey for download, however it's not like "CashLinks", you actually recieve your file.

I haven't tried it, because all of the "surveys" offered to me required signing up for $10/20/45 per week mobile phone subscription scams...

Why not just set up a web-store via ebay or paypal or selz.com, etc, where your users can pay you directly instead of being led down the internet-equivalent of a dark alley? tongue.png

The way you worded that, Lmao.

Well, because this way the users don't have to pay for anything, really. Most offers that are provided are usually just "Give me your e-mail" and 95% of people that use the internet have a junk email anyway. I don't want to charge anybody for anything. I wouldn't feel right doing so.

If I could figure out how to create a Donation system to unlock the code, without "charging" someone, that'd be cool.

instead of being led down the internet-equivalent of a dark alley?

^Seriously, you are my new best friend.

Video 3 uploaded.

Videos updated! Video 4, 5, 6 and 7 are currently being uploaded! Sorry for the delays!

New video uploaded, almost done with the server.

Currently rendering a new video!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement