monitor vision adjustments

Started by
5 comments, last by mark ds 10 years, 4 months ago

I am urged to have a god settings of my monitor screen but I am not sure how to set this stuf (i got two lcd and crt but prefer tu use crt)

on the crt i got three main settings: contrast brigntness and temperature, probably it is ok for me to set contrast to 100% (if one need lowering contrast it can use processing pixels i think not hardware whole screen contrast spoiling( brightness to low (i dlislike if whole crl is lightning like a lamp - need to darks be dark not for example gray, only brights be bright so i thing that seting brightnes to low contrast and temperature higher is 'hdr like' friendly ) but then got a trouble with more exact setting of a temperature

high temperature makes intense light screens
(overintense in some extent, also i notioed that i am prefering to set high red temperature and somewhat lower green and yet somewhat lower blue (if blue is lower then scene got some natural looking yellow light in it instead of cold bluish light )

[[(so i could sum that above that i reduced (by assuming that i should set contrast high brightness low and temperature as some kind of yellow) the problem to only the problem how much bright temperature to set - this is somewhat helpfull]] but still there is a trouble

the trouble is for example that that when i do some settings for 'far cry 2' i used tu set (it shows its general visibility quality much depends on light temperature, if it is properly setted the game loogs quite good, if bad game looks bad) this settings is then unapriopriate in gothic3 i used to test later (gothic3 seem to be overbrighted if run on settings adjusted to far cry 2) - then if even if i lower the temperature for gothic3 looks less overlighted the windows desktop white sheets looks to bright (in general i need much higher temperature for games than for
webpages or something)

so after all i got two troubles
1) i am not quite sure what settings to use even for one kind of scene (moderateli bright or moge bright - for example in games more bright seem to be looking better but is probably more tired making)
2) the trouble is that settings are not compatible between scenes (between game to game and between games to desktop)

how to do it right?

Advertisement

Calibrate your monitor

If that's not feasible, you need to adjust your settings to as close as possible to sRGB (maybe you have a preset on the monitor's OSD).

Calibrate your monitor

If that's not feasible, you need to adjust your settings to as close as possible to sRGB (maybe you have a preset on the monitor's OSD).

No.. i need skills to set it possibly great 'with my own eye and hands'

yet interesting thing my monitor got no saturation adjustment

with the setting i did recently (high temperature) it is all clear (good contrast and bright colors) but to bright and yet evidently oversaturated - most photos are just oversaturated :(

You can't - no human has the visual ability to do that.

You need to read up on colour management. Basically, every RGB colour in an image has a very precise meaning - a specific colour - as defined by it's colour profile. This means that whatever colours you see in one monitor should be the same on every other monitor. In practice that's difficult to achieve, but the process of colour calibration, in conjunction with colour management, alleviates the problem.

By messing around with the colour settings randomly, as you are doing, you are guaranteeing that no one else will ever see the colours you see, which in turn means that you can't successfully send any images to another user.

You can't - no human has the visual ability to do that.

You need to read up on colour management. Basically, every RGB colour in an image has a very precise meaning - a specific colour - as defined by it's colour profile. This means that whatever colours you see in one monitor should be the same on every other monitor. In practice that's difficult to achieve, but the process of colour calibration, in conjunction with colour management, alleviates the problem.

By messing around with the colour settings randomly, as you are doing, you are guaranteeing that no one else will ever see the colours you see, which in turn means that you can't successfully send any images to another user.

As i understand it works if people would calibre they screens and i think they do not and this is near totally random stuff

of decalibrated brightnes and color projectors...

is this this kind of situation?

PS At least by now i do not want to calibrate the monitor

I got no tool to that (there is somethink like automatic calibration but i do not know how it works) I want to do other

thing adjust the thing to get possibly the best quality visibility

yet some remarks i can add after thinking on this

1) i consider this topic of monitor adjustment as a very important (indeed this is important)

2) there is a question of what source use for adjustment, as

I said depending on source (say some displayed image/photo)

the outcome adjustment my differ - so what images to get as

a test set for adjusting monitor?

3) as i set i generally consider two possible adjustment - brighter one (it has some advantages, its more hot, but it is also more eye hurting) or darker one - its quaieter and less eye hurting)

For example for my settings of low brightnes and high contrast there is some space of setting temperature of about 70% to some 80% (about 70 is dark about 80 is

bright)very hard to decide, i setted 85 78 76 by now it is bright one (but not extremally bright)

depending on source for example 80 80 80 is clearly better for my syntax highlightning (letters do not hurt my eyes and also are not to dark) but then this forum page is to bright and bacground hurts my eyes

70 70 70 is evidently to dark, it has some grapphite shade in all 75 70 70 is half between the dark one and bright one, it seem like 85 78 76 but weaker, i must slightly stretch my eyes to see letters clearly because there is less light

on the other side for 85 78 76 my eye shields yourself becouse it is to bright, but such shielding is more pleasant

than stretching to see - when i try mean between it is 80 73 73 i got less shielding and less stretching (it seems like both appears in weaker form, bot more the stretching ) but it is like some quality was lost comparting to 85 78 76

then 82 73 73 appears , it is 'quiet' one, slightly lit

still 85 78 76 is more optymistic and more pleasant

probably but 82 73 73 is probably better - and there is a space between 82 73 73 and 85 78 76 now it is very hard

to chose :C

(and now i decided to use 81 75 75 to not give much more red over the greenblue - this give not to much sun and is close to my previous settings / but i am not quite satisfied)

Do you use Windows? If so, try here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/calibrate-your-display

incidentally, what Monitor are you using. You might search online for a colour profile for it (make sure is the exact same model though).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement