Android adb can't 'see' my device

Started by
7 comments, last by dsm1891 10 years, 2 months ago

Hello,

hopefully somebody here can help me, my problem I was debugging my app via usb (it was working fine at this point) when my phone became disconnected. From that point on eclipse/adb was never able to 'see' my device.

Things i have tried:

• Countless restarts(of pc and device)
  • Re-installing/updating my phone's drivers
  • restarting the adb server
  • reinstalling android sdk

Does anyone have any suggestions?

(and yes my phone has usb debugging enabled)

Thanks in advance!

==edit==

hmm... It might be something to do with my phone, I tried another android device an adb could see that device.

==edit#2==

It seems other computers are able to detect my device. this just makes the problem even more curious as it isn't the phone that's wrong.

Also I have noticed sometimes when I plug my phone into my development computer windows tells me "device is not recognised". but not all the time (and yes I can see it in device manager)

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

Advertisement

What OS and what version are you running? If you're running linux then you can find the device ID with lsusb and add that in adb_usb.ini. If you can't run lsusb then there's a list of device IDs on this page for various venders: http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html

What OS and what version are you running? If you're running linux then you can find the device ID with lsusb and add that in adb_usb.ini. If you can't run lsusb then there's a list of device IDs on this page for various venders: http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html

win 7 :/

(eclipse ide)

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

This may sound weird, but have you tried pulling the battery? Same thing happened to me and the thing that finally fixed it was pulling the battery on the phone for a few seconds^^;

This may sound weird, but have you tried pulling the battery? Same thing happened to me and the thing that finally fixed it was pulling the battery on the phone for a few seconds^^;

Im using an xperia s... Cant pull battery out (its mounted in) :/ (ive also tried hard resetting my phone)

Thanks anyway

You didn't perhaps plug into the ethernet port? ;)

Seriously, that sounds fubar. Did you try another usb cable? Maybe it's just broken.

You didn't perhaps plug into the ethernet port? ;)

Seriously, that sounds fubar. Did you try another usb cable? Maybe it's just broken.

hahaha, no, I do that ALL the time (usb's and Ethernets shouldn't be the same width imo).

pretty much is, I thought I could be usb cable, but i am using the same cable with the other phone and that works :/

Are you sure you've installed the correct USB debugging driver?
http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/xperia-s-xperia-nx-and-xperia-acro-hd-drivers/

Are you sure you've installed the correct USB debugging driver?
http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/xperia-s-xperia-nx-and-xperia-acro-hd-drivers/

yup :(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement