Using SDL Rotozoom

Started by
2 comments, last by too_many_stars 10 years, 3 months ago

Hi guys,

I am having a problem using SDL_Rotozoom.

(1) I downloaded the SDL2_gfx library.

(2) I put the SDL2_rotozoom.h and SDL2_rotozoom.c into my project folder

(3) Then, I typed in <SDL_rotoroom.h> (I am not sure why the file is called SDL2_rotozoom.h, beacuse when I type in <SDL2_rotozoom.h> visual studio complains.

(4) I went into project->c/c++->general->additional include directories and put in my path for my project

However, when I try to compile, visual studio tells me:

"1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _rotozoomSurface referenced in function _SDL_main
1>C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sdl_tutorial\Debug\sdl_tutorial.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals"

I have never tried to use an "outside" .h and .c in any of my projects before so I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Advertisement

With SDL 1.x you need to link in SDL_gfx

// GNU C/C++
gcc ... -lSDL_gfx ...

// Visual C/C++
cl ... /link SDL_gfx.lib

Since SDL 2.x is still too trendy for me (and less portable than 1.x), I still have yet to work with it but I can only assume you will need to link in SDL2_gfx.lib?

Edit: Just reread that you are using Visual Studio. In that case, try using the IDE project settings to add an additional linker library dependence to SDL2_gfx.lib in the same way that you did with SDL2.lib and SDL2_main.lib

http://tinyurl.com/shewonyay - Thanks so much for those who voted on my GF's Competition Cosplay Entry for Cosplayzine. She won! I owe you all beers :)

Mutiny - Open-source C++ Unity re-implementation.
Defile of Eden 2 - FreeBSD and OpenBSD binaries of our latest game.
I would suggest you to put the header you added into the same director like the sdl2 director and to delete the c file. You don't need it if you use a lib.

Thanks for the help guys, I got it working!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement