Sign in to follow this  

HLSL shadow mapping result issue

This topic is 1449 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys first merry xmas to you.

I have a little problem with my shadow map implementation and get not the right results for that but I don't know why.Therefore a use a deferred rendering pipeline and first render the depthmap with the view of the camera to a shadowmap.Then I render all objects in the gbuffer -> albedo,position ( the vertexposition multiplied with the world matrix and that is used later for the lightviewprojection matrix...)

Then in the final pass I create the lightviewprojection matrix by multiplying the position value of the position texture with the light view matrix I give through the constant buffers and the normal projection matrix.

With that I create the projectioncoords and test the both depthvalues on the standart way....

The picture shows that there are much artifacts but I don't even know why ( the green area is right, it is the area which is not in the clipplane of the lightviewmatrix....)

But the results aren't right and I don't know why they aren't maybe somebody had the same problem and can tell me a reason for that.

The picture: left top is the depthvalue from the lightview, left bottom the result and at the right only the albedo textures

[url=http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3482/p37qpa7m_jpg.htm]p37qpa7m.jpg[/URL]

Edited by StanIAm

This topic is 1449 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.