Sign in to follow this  
StanIAm

HLSL shadow mapping result issue

StanIAm    208

Hey guys first merry xmas to you.

I have a little problem with my shadow map implementation and get not the right results for that but I don't know why.Therefore a use a deferred rendering pipeline and first render the depthmap with the view of the camera to a shadowmap.Then I render all objects in the gbuffer -> albedo,position ( the vertexposition multiplied with the world matrix and that is used later for the lightviewprojection matrix...)

Then in the final pass I create the lightviewprojection matrix by multiplying the position value of the position texture with the light view matrix I give through the constant buffers and the normal projection matrix.

With that I create the projectioncoords and test the both depthvalues on the standart way....

The picture shows that there are much artifacts but I don't even know why ( the green area is right, it is the area which is not in the clipplane of the lightviewmatrix....)

But the results aren't right and I don't know why they aren't maybe somebody had the same problem and can tell me a reason for that.

The picture: left top is the depthvalue from the lightview, left bottom the result and at the right only the albedo textures

[url=http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3482/p37qpa7m_jpg.htm]p37qpa7m.jpg[/URL]

Edited by StanIAm