Title for game? [Solved]

Started by
18 comments, last by Tom Sloper 10 years, 3 months ago

I have a game in development and i'm having trouble coming up with an actual title for it. It would be nice to receive any suggestions. The main point of the game is to be a animal role-play. You can hunt prey, or other players. Explore worlds, communicate with others or just roleplay. You can be from various animals like Deer, Wolves, Lions, Owls etc. That's the main gist of it. It also contains tools for map making as well. Includes a Single-Player and Multi-Player.

Advertisement

Simbiome (a portmanteau of simulation and biome)

Animal Instincts

Faunatics (a portmanteau of Fauna and fanatics)

Fauna is a nice word. Some more possibilities including fauna:

Faunaplay, Faunexplore, Faunafun, Faunadventure, Faunarole, Fauna Forest

Animal has been used in many titles already, but here are some possibilities with it:

Animal Reality, Virtuanimals, Junglemals, Animalife, Explorimals

Creature is another option, though harder to combine with other words:

Creaturoleplay, Creatureventure, CreatureLife

And some random things:

Virtjungle, Virtuwilderness

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Hmm..I don't know. Most of those names I just don't see fit. Animal Instincts sounds alright, but i'm not sure if I would want to use it due to its generic name. I like something a little more unique. Some games around this genre are called: FeralHeart, Sanctum of Eventide, Aro'Kai, Primitive Call, Everlost. All somewhat unique names if that list helps with any other possible suggestions.

Those titles are all related to the story concept of those games - you didn't tell us yours. We'd need to know your story concept to suggest names related to it.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Story concepts? Last I checked at least half of those don't have one. Not sure about Aro'Kai, Primitive Call, or Everlost though. As they are still in development. The singleplayer I have planned isn't entirely complete, but I can say a general outline is it's about a young wolf who was abandoned by his pack for not proving his usefulness and you experience the friends he makes and the challenges he will soon face. He eventually meets with his pack once again and fights to take place as Alpha.

Hmm, well, the titles are interesting because they imply something about the world or story, even if the game unfortunately doesn't actually deliver on that implication. Your concept suggests lots of good words: alpha, ascension, lupine, wolf, leader, challenge, struggle, pack, destiny, orphan, alone, abandoned, pup, hierarchy, earn, reclaim...

You could call it Lupus Rex, Packsong, ProvingGrounds, Wolf's Proving, Wilderness Proof, Wilderworthy, Wolf's Worth, Survive&Reclaim, Alpha's Claim, Claim&Climb, Animal Ascension, Earned Ascension, Alphascension, Pup's Place, Archy Outcast, Packceptance, Bandon, Bandoned, Saken (was trying to convey the concept of a character who un-abandoned themself in a proactive way instead of being rescued or adopted by someone else, but not sure how to say that...)

Just out of curiosity, have you seen the anime series Useless Animals (Damekko Dobutsu)? I liked that series, it was a lot of fun.

I like the word someone suggested, biome. Something with biome in it would be good. Or perhaps you could use just biome alone?

Also, check out some synonyms or you could check out a Wikipedia article on mammals or animals to get words. Also, keep it one word to give it more impact. For instance, from your post I could find a few names of the game:

Prey

Predator

Carnivore

Mammalia

Amniote

Animalia

Metazoa

Metamorphosis

Animalis

They call me the Tutorial Doctor.

Fauna is a nice word.

Carnivore

Faunivore! Which is apparently a word! biggrin.png A quick google for "Faunivore game" didn't come up with any videogames.

Hahaha! Faunivore is actually a word, yet spell check doesn't catch it. Haha.

They call me the Tutorial Doctor.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement