Title for game? [Solved]

Started by
18 comments, last by Tom Sloper 10 years, 3 months ago

Hmm, well, the titles are interesting because they imply something about the world or story, even if the game unfortunately doesn't actually deliver on that implication. Your concept suggests lots of good words: alpha, ascension, lupine, wolf, leader, challenge, struggle, pack, destiny, orphan, alone, abandoned, pup, hierarchy, earn, reclaim...

You could call it Lupus Rex, Packsong, ProvingGrounds, Wolf's Proving, Wilderness Proof, Wilderworthy, Wolf's Worth, Survive&Reclaim, Alpha's Claim, Claim&Climb, Animal Ascension, Earned Ascension, Alphascension, Pup's Place, Archy Outcast, Packceptance, Bandon, Bandoned, Saken (was trying to convey the concept of a character who un-abandoned themself in a proactive way instead of being rescued or adopted by someone else, but not sure how to say that...)

Just out of curiosity, have you seen the anime series Useless Animals (Damekko Dobutsu)? I liked that series, it was a lot of fun.

Now these are some suggestions I seriously considered. Some of them sounded a little ridiculous though. Haha. Ones I liked specifically were Alpha's Claim, Animal Ascension, Archy Outcast, and Alphascension. I got some feedback from friends and it's more geared towards Alpha's Claim. I'm a little conflicted with these names though. It does hint towards the singleplayer a lot, but it may give the impression that the multiplayer is only about wolves' as well when in reality it has multiple species. The multiplayer is probably a stronger point for the game than the singleplayer. So the question is should the title be aimed towards still the singleplayer or represent the game as a whole? Also, I haven't seen that anime. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Advertisement

Well what is the player's main goal or main activity in the multiplayer part?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Well what is the player's main goal or main activity in the multiplayer part?

Well, that can vary depending on what the player wants to do. However, the main focus of the multiplayer is roleplay. Be the animal you want to be and roleplay with others. Of course you don't have to. If you so wish you could explore, socialize, or fight others if you so wished.

Hmm the roleplaying part was already covered in my first batch of words, I thought. Since you didn't like the style of them, I'm not sure how to work that idea in in a way that appeals to you. Though I didn't try words related to talking - that would give you options like CreatureChat, Creature Forum, Amphora (a kind of Greek vase, but it's like animal forum), Bestiary (old book with pictured of all different animals, like a zoo). Of the second batch ones that you liked, Animal Ascension is probably my own favorite. I'm not really all that fond of the concept of an "alpha" personality or social role - over in romance novel land there's a term "alphahole" that's used to express the way alpha humans are often more irritating than admirable. But let's see, if I mix around the ones you liked and try to make them non-specific to wolves... Creature's Claim or Creature Claim, Claim of Animality, Beast Claim, Faunaclaim, Pack Claim, Outcast Pack, Animalarchy (lol that's like a multipun with anarchy and malarkey), Archimal, Archimality, Faunarchy, Faunoutcast, Predoutcast, Creaturescension, Faunascension

I'd personally avoid using "vore" in the title because of the existence of the vore fetish. Yeah people might roleplay that but it shouldn't be presented as the main or only subject for roleplay.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Hmm the roleplaying part was already covered in my first batch of words, I thought. Since you didn't like the style of them, I'm not sure how to work that idea in in a way that appeals to you. Though I didn't try words related to talking - that would give you options like CreatureChat, Creature Forum, Amphora (a kind of Greek vase, but it's like animal forum), Bestiary (old book with pictured of all different animals, like a zoo). Of the second batch ones that you liked, Animal Ascension is probably my own favorite. I'm not really all that fond of the concept of an "alpha" personality or social role - over in romance novel land there's a term "alphahole" that's used to express the way alpha humans are often more irritating than admirable. But let's see, if I mix around the ones you liked and try to make them non-specific to wolves... Creature's Claim or Creature Claim, Claim of Animality, Beast Claim, Faunaclaim, Pack Claim, Outcast Pack, Animalarchy (lol that's like a multipun with anarchy and malarkey), Archimal, Archimality, Faunarchy, Faunoutcast, Predoutcast, Creaturescension, Faunascension

I'd personally avoid using "vore" in the title because of the existence of the vore fetish. Yeah people might roleplay that but it shouldn't be presented as the main or only subject for roleplay.

Thanks for all of your help. I discussed titles with a few people and Animal Ascension had majority vote so I will be going with that. Probably would take me months to come up with a name if it weren't for you. Thanks a lot!

Glad we could help ^_^

Packceptance -- maybe not a name for a game, but I like the word.

The Four Horsemen of Happiness have left.

Packceptance -- maybe not a name for a game, but I like the word.

Sounds like a network code library. wink.png

An outcast wolf returning to the pack, huh? Well there's always "Call of the Wild."

Since it's been solved, I'll close the thread to prevent needless additional replies.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement