Sign in to follow this  

XNA Jittering sprites (PLEASE HELP)

This topic is 1438 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm making a 2d top down game in XNA. I have encountered a problem where, because iv scaled all of my sprites by a tiny bit. Whenever the player moves. all of the sorrounding sprites are jittering almost like flickering, the edges on them and such. Does anyone know what this could be and have any possible solutions ?

Just throwing out some guesses:

Are you using a texture atlas?  Try messing with the texture wrapping modes, and possibly mipmapping settings - the sampler may be catching neighboring pixels in the atlas when scaling down.

Are you alpha blending and the borders of the sprites are (semi)transparent?  Check your blending settings, IIRC XNA uses premultiplied blending by default.

I'd look at how you are converting world coords to screen coords. Print out the data over the course of a few seconds: x/y/top/left/height/width and whatever offsets you calculate. Do you round off anywhere? How is your zoom implemented? 

What kind of jitter? Is this 'Crackle of Life' or 'game vibrato'?

This topic is 1438 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.