Game Concept

Started by
1 comment, last by KrinosX 10 years, 3 months ago

Hi !, I´m new member, I'm sorry if that does not belong to this section, ok let´s to thing, i have a concept for game , i want create game like Uplink:The Hacker Elite,but i don´t know how to do it,i browsing the internet,but on the internet is just how to make a 3D game or 2D , but what is that ? Uplink:The Hacker Elite it´t ? 2D no, 3D ? no, text game ? maybe, and i want know how to create and what language to write, obviously better graphics, anyone who help me ? please ? and thank you in advance, and sorry for my bad English, i´m from Czech Republic.

Advertisement

I'm sorry if that does not belong to this section, ok let´s to thing, i have a concept for game , i want create game like Uplink:The Hacker Elite,but i don´t know how to do it,i browsing the internet,but on the internet is just how to make a 3D game or 2D , but what is that ? Uplink:The Hacker Elite it´t ? 2D no, 3D ? no, text game ? maybe, and i want know how to create and what language to write,

You're asking how to create a game, not how to write, so this belongs in For Beginners (where I'm moving this thread). And a little tip: for the topic title of your thread, it would have been better to call it "how to create game from concept" rather than just "game concept" (which sounds like a Game Design topic).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hi 'POLDA602'

I love that UpLink game... its an GOG ( Good Old Games )!! :D

About your question:

Uplink is a 2D game. The graphics are 2D, you can achieve the same results with SDL ( www.libsdl.org/? ) But its just about the graphic interface.

The 'Big Deal' with games like UpLink is about generating random missions and/or implementing all the game mechanics ( the upgrades for character´s PC, the code to implement that 'multi link' connections... etc etc ) This code is agnostic about graphic interface.

I think you may try to implement the game mechanics first, try to think about the whole game, what mechanics will you implement in your first version, try to write it on a paper sheet, see how things will worth together and after that try to implement the code without the graphics interface.

When you reach this point - codding your ideas - maybe you have more specific questions, and the guys from this forum will be able to help you more...

When you make some progress, so you may start thinking how will you implement your interface. If you want to make a 'clone' of UpLink, so use SDL or some 2d Library. If you want to transform it on a 'Browser Game', so you may try to learn PHP/ASP/Javascript/Flash to implement such thing ( or use some game web library )

Also, if you want to make a 3d version of UpLink game, so you must learn some 3d engine ( unity, unreal, etc etc)...

I will love to see a clone or remake of something like UpLink! :D Good Luck with your project!

( Sry if did some english mistakes.. my english is not perfect too.. :D )

KrinosX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement