• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JulienBe

M.E.S.S. - Easy to play and competitive shmup

This topic is 2028 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys ! I'd like to show you the game I'm currently working on I would very much appreciate any comments / feedback. The game is a simple shoot'em up. Aviable on Android, my focus is to have a game that is easy to understand but very competitive and addictive. You have an online leaderboard on the play service and four different weapons that you can upgrade if you gain enough xp. Graphics are from Tyrian and I use a lot of particles to help me achieve some nice effects and I use libGDX. Here's the market url https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.julien.cheapestshootinggame

Advertisement

There is a major change on this 911 version : The game zone width is now equal to your screen width and not larger, I've done this in order to have better game control, let me know what you think !!

And minor changes :
- XP in level 3 will be more abundant
- adjustments to enemies / bonuses sizes and behaviour
- you won't have to wait for every enemies to leave to screen before the bigger one appear
- firing sounds are back
- Your weapons are better balanced
- You can now share your score on Twitter
- When you get close to a bullet you gain more points
- Stereo sound

Enemies appears in a completely different way, I hope you'll like it ! Bombs are a little more powerful. Small adjustments to enemies behaviour. You can now donate a small amount of money to support us.

The 914 is online ! 

Your weapons can get more powerful, level 8 instead of 6, it should help you facing the new ennemies.

You can also unlock a new weapon :)

Hi guys !

In this 917 the level 1 gets a little easier. Some enemies weapons moves not as fast as they used to. You also get your shield up at the beginning.

Talking about your shield, it can now turn every enemy bullet into experience point when you get hit ! You will still lose your shield however. 

You have some new menus, I hope you'll them, or at least less dislike them.

Some graphical improvement like for example your drones explode with a lot of nice green particles.

Ok, many updates since the 917 ! :

Bosses are more powerful.
You shield will protect you if you collide into a weak enemy
New menus with a better font ! I hope it will look less.. crappy ?
There is way more particles when you hit an enemy.
Particles generation will adapt in real time to your fps.

Ho and the game is now called M.E.S.S., it stands for Mega Endless Space Shooter. And therefore the sequel will probably be called Super Endless Space Shooter or Virtua Endless Space Shooter ;)

Hope you'll like it !

And also..  a facebook page ! https://www.facebook.com/beyondpixelsstudios?fref=ts

Edited by JulienBe

Ok, the new update is a big one !

Enemies get have different kind of explosions.

The background looks a lot better.

You can select your weapon in the level selection menu.

The effect when an enemy is hit is better

There is a better effect when a bomb explode

Secret weapons are more powerful

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!