question regarding resume

Started by
1 comment, last by vern1204 10 years, 3 months ago

1) In my resume am I supposed to describe projects that I have created / participated in?

By the way I have made a small website for my portfolio, in which I plan to list the games/applications I have made. Do I need to describe them in the resume as well? If yes, to what degree?

2) This is a sample one I saw to write mine: http://www.nova.edu/career/resources/forms/resume_computer_science.pdf

It lists "experience", but I guess that actually means "work experience", which I do not have, so I did not include that section in mine.

3) This is my resume for far:

Do I need to put more stuff into it?

Minas Mina

[email is here]

Computer Science Student

CONTACT INFO

EDUCATION

• University: University Of Cyprus

• Major: Computer Science

• Current GPA: 8.38 (out of 10)

• Expected graduation: June 2014

• Languages: Greek, English

SKILLS / STRENGTHS

• Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, D, Java

• Platforms: Android, Play framework, XNA, Box2D, Unity3D, SDL, Haaf's Game Engine, irrklang

• IDEs: Eclipse, MonoDevelop, Visual Studio

• Operating systems: Windows (XP, Vista, 7), Android, Linux (Ubuntu)

Thank you and sorry for my English.

Advertisement

bump

The info seems alright so far. You are going make it look good in like InDesign right?

Ad1. Yes. As for your portfolio - Im not sure how it's going to look like, but as long as you make it really interesting, vibrant but also clear and professional, I guess it would be a good idea to list it as well.

In my Resume I also had a short paragraph about my interests: 2/3 sentences at the bottom of the page. It made Resume more 'personal'. This way your potential employer would get a sense of what kind of person you really are. Mentioning e.x. a project that you're most proud of, within the interests part could reassure someone who reads it that you're really into what you learned/studied.

Good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement