Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mousetail

Best physics and game engine

This topic is 1838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don't know much about how this is done, so if I am asking a stupid question, just redirect me to the answer.

In C#, I recently hacked my way into displaying graphics on the screen. It was a bit slow, especially the collision checking. I wondered if there was a better way of doing using a game engine of some sort. Now I have a idea for a game that needs physics (I probably am not going to make it, but just in case) Can someone redirect me to a place that has information about this stuff, like a nice table that lists each of there features or something?

Advertisement
The best one is the one that does what you want the way you want.

The good one is the one that is readily available and does/kinda does what you want.

I read a pdf comparing physics engines (physx, havok, bullet, ode and newton) and not of them where the best, they were just good and had varying problems.

I'll try to see if i can find it on google. Checking . . .

¤edit¤ . . . found it. 'Evaluation of real-time physics simulation systems'

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!