A good free compiler?

Started by
5 comments, last by neXt 22 years, 5 months ago
If you read my thread below you will see that I now have the source code for a tetris game. Now that I am trying to understand and manipulate it I will need a complier that will run it. Does anyone know where to get a good free one?
Advertisement
Disclaimer: I haven''t seen your other thread. Well there are a number of free compilers. You can try a version of GCC (Unixes, DOS, Windows w/IDE). Or download the Borland command line tools (you have to register on their site).

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
You do NOT have all the source code you will need. If my assumption about your skillset is correct I think you''ll be scratching your head quiet a bit until you realize that.

Getting back on topic, I can''t really elaborate further than what Null and Void has suggested.

YAP-YFIO

-deadlinegrunt

~deadlinegrunt

quote:Original post by neXt
If you read my thread below you will see that I now have the source code for a tetris game. Now that I am trying to understand and manipulate it I will need a complier that will run it. Does anyone know where to get a good free one?

You can also download the Watcom C++ compiler w/IDE for free at www.openwatcom.com if my memory serves me right. Or Digital Mars( formely known as Zortec C++ which were bought by Symantec and when Symantec decided to stop making dev tools, they gave the license back to the guy who made the original Zortec compiler, all this to say, the compiler is free but it''s only command line.)

Anyhow, hope this helps... BTW, if you''re a beginner to C/C++, I recommend starting with the basics of C/C++ like win32 API, then move on to DX...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
[Cyberdrek | ]
Open Watcom hasn''t made a full release yet (I''m on their alert list for when they do ) that I''m aware of. They released a patch to the old Watcom compiler though.
Another options could be the Dev-C++, it can be found at http://www.bloodshed.net/

I dont know if it good because i have not try it, but it looks like a fine compiler to start with.

-Vissing-
DEV-C++ is very nice, with a lot of usefull options like an option to add pre-programmed things in your program, I would certainly recommend it as a good free IDE(Included compiler)

Jeroen "2COOL4-U" de Haas
- DefenceAlliance Project Leader/Coder
- TacticalOps Linux Beta Tester
Jeroen "2COOL4-U" de Haas- DefenceAlliance Project Leader/Coder- TacticalOps Linux Beta Tester

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement