Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fatboxsoftware

Super Kart Racing for iOS and Android

This topic is 1801 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So my old thread got closed out from inactivity. So time for some updates on my game.

I've finally got around to capturing some gameplay images and video. I've neglected updates far too long, but I have been working on the game quite a bit lately.

Screen-04.png

Screen-05.png

Screen-07.png

Screen-09.png

Screen-011.png

Screen-010.png

And lastly some low res gameplay video. Please forgive the framerate issues, they are a result of the screen capture software.

[VIDEO]

[VIDEO]

Advertisement

Working on the garage area for kart selection. I had a really tough design constraint to try to work around with the decals. The karts can be painted several different colors and when I first used full color decals, some of the decals didn't match with the paint color currently selected. I am thinking I will be going back to simpler black and white decals.

Yeah I'm a lone wolf developer. I cut my teeth working on a couple of Need for Speed games for Wii and DS, so I gained a lot of studio experience from that. Kind of made me into a generalist artist and programmer/designer.

Yeah experience sure helps. Great job though, because you did it by yourself still. I am new to this all, and I doubt I will finish a complete game before I move on to another hobby, but I do have a better understanding about what goes into making games and such. 

Still in a rough beta state. I'm not happy with the look of the "starting" light graphics. The camera follow also has issues when I drive up onto the banked oval.

[VIDEO]

Perhaps you could use an emission material for the starting light? I use emission materials to fake light cheaply.

Also you could use an actual photo of a stop light as a the true for your light, and use a normal to simulate detail.

I know Gimp has an awesome plugin that generates normal maps from images.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!