Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
suliman

Soldier background - bonuses

This topic is 1833 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi

Doing a tactical squadbased game (like fallout tactics/ xcom). Setting is modern day conflict zone in west africa (civil war with militias trading drugs and fighting government forces).

So each soldier/fighter you recruit can have a background. My idea so far is

- ex-military (better aim)

- ex-mercenary (better thoughness, stand more damage)

- ex-guerilla (faster movement)

How does this look? One or two more would be good. Any other backgrounds (with suitable bonuses) to throw in the mix? Police?

Edited by suliman

Advertisement

Hi

Doing a tactical squadbased game (like fallout tactics/ xcom). Setting is modern day conflict zone in west africa (civil war with militias trading drugs and fighting government forces).

So each soldier/fighter you recruit can have a background. My idea so far is

- ex-military (better aim)

- ex-mercenary (better thoughness, stand more damage)

- ex-guerilla (faster movement)

How does this look? One or two more would be good. Any other backgrounds (with suitable bonuses) to throw in the mix? Police?

You might want to break it down a bit more granular?  ex-military: Officer, ex-military : Sniper, ex-military: Demolitions, etc

You specify class later on yourself, so sniper etc is something i want the player to be partially in control of. Broad backgrounds work best for my setup.

There is no unarmed people you fight against:) Maybe something else for police. Better cover bonuses?

Also maybe something like background: freedom fighter or religous zealot - lower upkeep (cost to maintain per week)

Ex-CIA? There is no sneaking in combat but what else could suit as bonus?

Any other ideas are welcomed!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!