My game ideas

Started by
8 comments, last by Bastokiamtheone 9 years, 6 months ago

I have some projects and need a team to join me on them.

THE LIST WAS REMOVED. PLEASE HEAD TO THE JETPACK RACE THREAD

• Jetpack Race - The game I'm workin on for 3 years and the best one. I have 30 pages game design document describing every aspect of the game. I have some conceptual art, scoring system and all other things sorted out.

h8bj.png

The logo is animated like this:

zeg7.gif

I already have some menus conceptions:

mbzm.jpg

rjfi.jpg

v28d.jpg

tp0y.jpg

These are some conceptual art:

86jv.jpg

0p7r.jpg

3mvx.jpg

1lh9.jpg

These are some videos of some initial tests:

And this, is a playable test:

https://googledrive.com/host/0ByQU1sFLNlqnbVlkWmo1QzF4MUU/jprpublish.html

Can someone help me make this happen?

Advertisement

That's a lot of projects to be doing all at once. It'd be better to work on one game at a time. Quality over quantity. You'll need some deep pockets to pay people to work on all of these I think.

That's a lot of projects to be doing all at once. It'd be better to work on one game at a time. Quality over quantity. You'll need some deep pockets to pay people to work on all of these I think.

Thanks for your comment, Enchantainment.

I am not hoping to produce all of them at once. I want to produce just one. I posted the list because someone could be interested on one of the ideas and the last one is my best bet.

Anyway, I have no money to pay. What I am doing is exposing my ideas and trying to gather some people to assemble a team. Newcommers like me trying to start on the game development market.

What would give a boost on my projects is an conceptual artist that could draw some scenarios, tracks, etc. It's hard to code a game without good conceptual art.

It's hard to code a game without good conceptual art.

Why?

It's hard to code a game without good conceptual art.

Why?

Because I'm not experienced in game development as you guys. I feel that way about it. The code is Ok, I'm a very skilled business systems developer, but a total noob in game development. But at some points I wish I could have something more attractive, more art. Got it?

I think that it would work better if the game designer and the programmer was not the same person.

I think your best bet would be to decide which game it is you want to work on the most. Preferably the one which you think will have the most appeal/potential. When you've decided that, think about which role you're going to be taking on the project, 3D modeler, programmer, graphic designer etc.

Now you need to list down what other team member positions you need covering. Make sure that you let people know that you're not paying up front for their skills. I assume you'll be wanting to do a commercial release? If this is the case, then let people know that it is a profit share project. One issue of this is you won't have any idea how much profit the game will actually make, so you need to clearly inform people of this risk also. However if it's just a project you're wanting to make to release for free, to get experience, then you'll also need to make people fully aware of that.

For stuff like concept art, or game art in general, you could ask around on the open game art forums: www.opengameart.org and post in the unpaid section with a request.

I think your best bet would be to decide which game it is you want to work on the most. Preferably the one which you think will have the most appeal/potential. When you've decided that, think about which role you're going to be taking on the project, 3D modeler, programmer, graphic designer etc.

Now you need to list down what other team member positions you need covering. Make sure that you let people know that you're not paying up front for their skills. I assume you'll be wanting to do a commercial release? If this is the case, then let people know that it is a profit share project. One issue of this is you won't have any idea how much profit the game will actually make, so you need to clearly inform people of this risk also. However if it's just a project you're wanting to make to release for free, to get experience, then you'll also need to make people fully aware of that.

For stuff like concept art, or game art in general, you could ask around on the open game art forums: www.opengameart.org and post in the unpaid section with a request.

WOW! Those are golden tips, Enchantainment! Thank you very much!

I will follow those. I have already decided to produce Jetpack Race and it will be free or a very cheap game (0.99).

Not a problem. I'm happy to help others out however I can smile.png

It's also worth mentioning that you'll need to take into account marketing VERY seriously. A lot of starting developers underestimate the importance of marketing and PR. They'll just focus on making the game, put it out there and expect lot's of downloads and the money to roll in. This however isn't the case. You need to market your game effectively to get it noticed amongst all the other games out there.

The marketing is harder than actually making the game in my opinion and something that you need to be actively doing. So it's best to start a website/blog, get active on Twitter and Facebook and post constant updates about your game. Of course being an active member on forums, such as this one for example, is also another good way of building up awareness of your game too. Keep your audience up to date on everything from new concept designs, to changes in the game design itself. Even if you've not got something visual to show, post an update on how the game is coming along.

It's also wise to try and get preview builds of your game out to indie game websites, by contacting the website editors. But make sure that the website covers the type of game you're making. For example, Rock, Paper, Shotgun cover PC indie games, so it would be pointless to send them information about an iPhone or Android game. Also make your subject line of an e-mail interesting. Don't put an e-mail subject as something like "My new indie game" or "Can you review my indie game?", this type of subject line on an e-mail puts them off instantly.

Always remember, you might have a great game on your hands, but if you can't market it, or have someone that can market it for you, then you've got nothing. Good luck smile.png !

Finaly I got the controlling system right. Check it out: https://googledrive.com/host/0ByQU1sFLNlqnbVlkWmo1QzF4MUU/jprpublish.html

Whoa what is your FPs on your videos. I like the idea but it is very choppy or it could be this laptop. Have you tried out

OBS software for game rendering screen recording.

OBS open-source software will run on 64-bit Win X

https://obsproject.com

Any more updates on the project?

Sometimes Fantasy is the Only option.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement