• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

vital exe resources

This topic is 1464 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am looking for a way to load shaders for exe when using directx, but now since I directx has its own functions for loading this stuff i don't think putting them in exe as resource files will work. I want this so I can distribute my program as stand-alone application without need of installation. Is there a way to do this? or am I required to give this stuff with the exe?

Advertisement

I am looking for a way to load shaders for exe when using directx, but now since I directx has its own functions for loading this stuff i don't think putting them in exe as resource files will work. I want this so I can distribute my program as stand-alone application without need of installation. Is there a way to do this? or am I required to give this stuff with the exe?

What do you think won't work with this?  You just need to distribute the _compiled_ shaders (created with fxc) instead of raw sources.

What do you think won't work with this?  You just need to distribute the _compiled_ shaders (created with fxc) instead of raw sources.

There's no problem with embedding raw shader source code as resources too, though you might prefer not to because of longer loading times (or obfuscation).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement