• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
marvinvalentin

Electronic Rock Boss

This topic is 2081 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

(Disclaimer: I'm listening on a laptop right now so take that into consideration)

I liked the energy and drive of the track. Works for a boss fight. To my ears, on this set up, I felt there could be a bit more bass (both in frequencies and in bass guitar itself) in the mix. It lacked depth on the lower end. But that might be these laptop speakers as well. :) Assuming this is for a video game, does it loop well? I did think you could have come up with another section for a bit more diversity but perhaps the client only had budget (or bandwidth) for a certain amount of music.

Thanks for sharing.

Nate

Thanks Guys I really appreciate it a lot. well i could add more bass(I really would glad to do it xD) but i didnt have nothing in mind to make. when it means in making more sections, Im alittle stuck about it...and yes it got a Sonic feelling because is inspirared of the Adventure compositor work.

PS: This part of my portafolio of work(Non-Client involve), still looking for a good opportunitie. xD

It's not a bad start; I enjoyed it for the most part.

Now, some things I'd say could use some work:

-You have essentially the same high-hat riff playing for the majority of the track. Percussion is the type of thing that you really want to avoid any type of repetition in.

-I'd suggest some type of break in the track. I'm only really hearing a verse then chorus then post chorus then verse then chorus then post... etc. I think somebody before me said something along the lines of this as well. A good rule to go by to avoid repetition is If you can listen to the track for something like twenty minutes in a row without getting sick of it, then you're in the clear.

-The rhythm guitar sounds a bit muffled. I see where people are coming from when they say to add more bass, but honestly, I think you could use some more treble as well on that guitar.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!