Visual Studio .Net

Started by
11 comments, last by doodah2001 22 years, 5 months ago
Thanks Martee . I don''t really expect VS7 to support the export keyword, almost no compilers do yet, but not throwing an exception for new is so annoying . I probably wouldn''t install VS7 just on the basis that it forces you to install IIS (why would it do that? hopefully the final product doesn''t).

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
Advertisement
I''m not so sure that it does require IIS to be installed ...

Now if I am reading this correctly, you only need to have IIS installed if you are creating local Web projects. Perhaps I am using a different version then evaclear (this is beta 2).
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
I had VS.NET installed for quite a while without installing IIS. Only limitation is that you cannot create web projects, eg ASP.NET and web services. Other than that it works just fine with or without IIS. And as someone else pointed out, you can always disable IIS(net stop w3svc).

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - - Stephen Roberts
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement