Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gjl

"default" keyword

This topic is 1819 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I have noticed that "default" is considered as a reserved keyword, so you cannot use it for variable names, whereas in C++ it's "default:" that is reserved. Is there any way to change that? It is causing me trouble while converting existing c++ code into angelscript...

Advertisement

The keywords are part of the language. To modify the syntax by changing Angelscript it will technically be another language. So, as you can see, this may not be the best thing to do. Instead, can't you use another variable name like defaultPlayer or something like that?

It's eleventy billion times easier to rename your variable to something else than it is to change the language.

Are you saying that "default" is not a reserved keyword in C++? I think you are wrong.
int default = 5; // error: expected unqualified-id before ‘default’

Which compiler are you using? With VS2012 this compiles just fine.

I know it's not a big deal, I was simply asking :-)

Ah ok, thanks! Haden't tried with gcc yet. So I guess let's just forget about it then! :-)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!