Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FishingCactus

Improve your algorithm skills with our game

This topic is 1793 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys!

I'd like to talk to you about a niche game, named Algo-Bot,  that we are developing. I said niche game because it's a game that helps programmers to improve the way they code by making them think more efficiently but it also teaches to noobies programming logic with concepts such as functions, variables, conditions, loops and so... 

2f398e2c54197314b6f9e146dfac2c80_large.p

The game is now on Alpha and we'd like to finish it and implement new features such as a level editor and the ability to code logic blocks inside the game. The reason why I decided to talk to you about it is because we recently launched it on Kickstarter and we have no visibility for the project (even if Mark DeLoura backed our game. I really don't know how he found it!). 

Anyway, here's the link to the project. Feel free to give me your feedback, share it and backed it if you like it. 

Thanks for reading!

Sophie

Advertisement

Looks like an interesting project that you've obviously put a lot of work into!

We don't normally like to bother our followers with crowd-funding campaigns, but this seemed like it might be relevant enough to be of interest, so we shared it on our Facebook page for you -- hope it helps! smile.png

//EDIT: If you'd like some more exposure through our site, you could consider submitting some developer journal entries, or for some front page exposure maybe writing an article or two based on your development experience, technical challenges you've faced, or even your experience with the crowd-funding attempt; articles must provide some useful content (i.e. not just advertising) but can contain links to a project or crowd-funding page as long as they provide some value, and good quality articles tend to generate a fair amount of exposure via our front page and social media accounts. :)

Edited by jbadams

@gasto 

Thanks! 

@jbadams 

Thanks so much for sharing our project! It means a lot for us! 
We may have an article but I don't know if it will suit. The topic is how making a learning game teaches us how to communicate within our team.

Thanks again! 

@jbadams 

Done! Waiting for approval :) Thank you again! 

@silkroadgame

thanks! The game is now on Greenlight. I doubt, we'll get Kickstarted BUT our fail will be a good lesson :) 

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!