N-e-r-v-o-u-s b-r-e-a-k-d-o-w-n!

Started by
5 comments, last by xode 22 years, 5 months ago
Meshes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectInput8A For God''s sake, what does this mean!?!?! I suspect that I don''t link the libs right, how do I do this in MSVC? And one other thing, how do I find out which lib(or whatever file it is) to add?? Please answer!
Advertisement
It means that the symbol _IID_IDirectInput8A is unresolved, surprisingly.

You probably need to link it with dinput.lib, or something with a similar name. I don''t have my /lib directory with me right now, so I can''t be sure. You change the linking options in the Linking tab of the Setup dialog for your project.

In the future, you might want to adopt a slightly more relaxed attitude: stress is a contributing factor in heart-disease, cancer, and many other illnesses.

Signatures? We don''t need no steenking signatures!
CoV
link with "dxguid.lib". It contains all the GUIDs (CLSIDs and IIDs) for DirectX.
Hi,

well it seems that you do not link to the dinput8.lib file correctly... just add the path of the .lib files of DirectX to your directory search path for librarie files... then do project->settings and add the dinput8.lib file (and maybe even the dxguid.lib file) there

That is all

Email: e.j.folkertsma@student.utwente.nl
You need to include "dinput.lib" I believe.

To do this, first go to the "Project" drop-down menu and click on "Settings". Find the "Link" tab and click that. Then find the input box that is titled: "Object/library modules:" Add "dinput.lib" to the list of libraries and click OK.

Also make sure you have told msvc the location of your library by going to the tool menu and clicking options. Then find the directory tab and add a search directory where your library exists.

In the case of directx, the help files usually clue you in as to what libraries need to be linked in, but sometimes you have to look around.
http://www.freewebs.com/somebodyshootme/
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

It worked! I would like to thank all of you for helping me out so fast!

Now I can finally start rewriting my game in DX! Wohoo!

So the little programmer avoided the nervous breakdown, and went off to rewrite his old car game in DX, and lived happily ever after
I love a happy ending.....

RM.

Tron Software

-=Kicking Butt and Writing Code=-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement