Some Dead Ducks and a Stupid Monkey

Started by
3 comments, last by Prime 22 years, 5 months ago
Hey, I just finished the beta version of my DirectX 7 wrapper engine called the Stupid Monkey 2D Game Engine. Isn''t everything better with a monkey? It wraps up some of DirectDraw, DirectSound, and DirectInput functionality. I basically started this to learn more about DirectX and C++ (and unlearn some of my C and Java roots), and I figured others with questions might find it useful. Full source code is included along with a demo. I welcome all comments and suggestions, but please keep in mind, I''m still working on it! To try my little engine out, I wrote a quick game called Dead Ducks. As you might have guessed, you just shoot some unsuspecting birds. Not much to it, but if anyone wants to try it, let me know if it works okay. Once again, full source code is included for any of you real newbies out there. Don''t expect much, but it might be good for some goofing off It would probably be a strong candidate in the Lamest Game Contest. Everything can be found at: http://warped.prodns.tripod.com/games.html Cheers, Prime Warped Productions
Advertisement
One question... (And this one goes to all game makers out there)

WHY THE HECK DONT YOU PUT UP SOME SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR GAME ON YOUR SITE!!!

When you have such a nice site, why not put up some screenshosts?
It would be more interessting to watch. Maybe you didn''t put any screenshots on your web because there isn''t much of a project (what do i know when i haven''t seen it). If that is true. This post is not for you, but for all other people out there who have forgotten to put up some snapshots from their games.

Maybe if people saw what you had made, more people would download your game. Just a thought. I don''t even bother now...
Because some games installs shit in your regestry and are retty messy.

And while im at it... What''s up with those who make new posts with hedlines like, "Need help" or "Confused"... We allready know that you need help, otherwise you wouldn''t be here (true for most posts)! 99% of the time when i see such a post i don''t even bother...

I don''t wanna complain but for fuck sake...

Now i feel like i owe you to watch your game... Maybe i will when i get home. In the meen-time, nice site except for the missing screenshots.

//Peter.
Hey,

Thanks for the suggestion. I''ll put some up as soon as I get the chance. But your right, it''s not really much of a project, and it''s not ment to be. It is just a little demo game to see if I could do the kinds of things I wanted. And I was hoping some people would try it to make sure it works. Hopefully, if you try it, you''ll take it as it is.

Thanks again for the tip,
Prime
40 points

am i really a bastard ?
Hey,

No Spillsome, of course you are not a bastard! But what kind of person would I be if I approved of the killing of many innocent ducks? Okay, we should be able to kill virtual birds by the thousands, but I just thought having that "bastard" comment in there might reduce the heat I take from any left-wing militant groups

40 points, that''s a pretty good score. You may have noticed, but if you shoot at ducks that are really close together, you can kill more than one at once. That''s thanks to some lazy collision detection on my part. Thanks for trying it out. I''m glad it worked on your system okay.

Have a pleasant day,
Prime

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement