Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
-Tau-

XAudio2 Exception 80000003

This topic is 2110 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

First, idon't know where i should post this, so i post it here.

I'm using XAudio2 in my game for sound. Playing unmodified sound works well but when i use SetOutputMatrix program crashes with Exception 80000003.

void AUDIO_STATE::UpdateAudio(simpleSound *in_ss)
{
	X3DAudioCalculate( x3DInstance, &listener, &in_ss->emitter, dwCalcFlags, &dspSettings );

	if (in_ss->p_SV)
	{
		in_ss->p_SV->SetFrequencyRatio( dspSettings.DopplerFactor );
		in_ss->p_SV->SetOutputMatrix( pMasteringVoice, INPUTCHANNELS, nChannels, matrixCoefficients );
		in_ss->p_SV->SetOutputMatrix( pSubmixVoice, 1, 1, &dspSettings.ReverbLevel );

		XAUDIO2_FILTER_PARAMETERS FilterParametersDirect = { LowPassFilter, 2.0f * sinf(X3DAUDIO_PI/6.0f * dspSettings.LPFDirectCoefficient), 1.0f };
		in_ss->p_SV->SetOutputFilterParameters(pMasteringVoice, &FilterParametersDirect);
		XAUDIO2_FILTER_PARAMETERS FilterParametersReverb = { LowPassFilter, 2.0f * sinf(X3DAUDIO_PI/6.0f * dspSettings.LPFReverbCoefficient), 1.0f };
		in_ss->p_SV->SetOutputFilterParameters(pSubmixVoice, &FilterParametersReverb);
	}
}

When i remove lines in_ss->p_SV->SetOutputMatrix, there are no problems, the sound plays.

Did someone ever had similar problem? Do you know what could cause this?

 

Also most of initialization of my sound engine is a modification to DX sdk XAudio2Sound3D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Xaudio 'debugging' can cause a lot of error to my app:

XAudio2Create(&xaDevice,XAUDIO2_DEBUG_ENGINE);

It hangs the app in several places, without the XAUDIO2_DEBUG_ENGINE flag everything is fine.

I suggest experimenting with the input matrix, maybe try filling it with simple data, this link can be usefull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, removing XAUDIO2_DEBUG_ENGINE worked, somehow, application doesn't crash anymore but stil, sound isn't modified with listener emiter positions. I also watch matrixCoefficients, they change as they should but they somehow don't affect the output.

 

Edit:

Solved, wav file i used was stereo, after i changed it to mono aplication doesn't crash and output is correct.

Edited by -Tau-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!