AngelScript 2.28.1

Started by
7 comments, last by WitchLord 10 years, 1 month ago

It's time for the first release of 2014.

This one brings quite a lot of under-the-hood improvements, such as reduced compilation times, less overhead in calling script interface methods, inline allocation of class members, reduced size of saved bytecode, improved error reporting for loading invalid bytecode, automatically resolve ambigiuous enum values, etc.

The script language has a new built-in math operator ** for calculating the exponent. Of course, this operator is overloadable just like the rest of the operators. This operator also added 7 new instructions for the VM to handle the primitive types.

Several of the add-ons have been tweaked and adjusted to make them easier to use.

Some of the improvements in this release were contributed by the community members GGLucas and Jason Goepel. So thanks should go out to them this time.

Regards,

Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement

Thanks for the new release Andreas! Is there any chance the opCall modification can be integrated in 2.28.2?

Yes, that's the plan.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Awesome! You rock! smile.png

Looks fantastic. Excellent work Andreas.

So new features. Much awesome. wow! (Seriously I can't wait to play with this new stuff—I admittedly have not been keeping up-to-date this past year. Great work!)

Just updated to the latest revision (1854); with the default msvc project setting "treat warnings as errors" I get the following:

1>..\..\source\as_restore.cpp(828) : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
1>..\..\source\as_restore.cpp(828) : warning C4389: '!=' : signed/unsigned mismatch
1>..\..\source\as_restore.cpp(840) : warning C4389: '!=' : signed/unsigned mismatch

1>c:\svn\angelscript\sdk\angelscript\source\as_scriptengine.cpp(436) : warning C4702: unreachable code

1>..\..\source\as_compiler.cpp(1447) : error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object' file generated
1>..\..\source\as_compiler.cpp(1447) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'short', possible loss of data
1>..\..\source\as_compiler.cpp(2620) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'short', possible loss of data
1>..\..\source\as_compiler.cpp(2626) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'short', possible loss of data
1>..\..\source\as_compiler.cpp(2637) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'short', possible loss of data
1>..\..\source\as_compiler.cpp(2741) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'short', possible loss of data

1>c:\svn\angelscript\sdk\angelscript\source\as_builder.cpp(818) : warning C4706: assignment within conditional expression

This option only appears to be in the debug configuration.

Which MSVC version are you using?

I'm using MSVC2012 and don't get these warnings.

I got only the first one (in as_restore.cpp) on linux.

I've corrected the compiler warnings in revision 1856

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement