Need people that can code AI well for huge MMORPG!

Started by
34 comments, last by amesis 22 years, 5 months ago
quote:Original post by JFS
Oh, you learned cooperating in kindergarten. Amazing. Do you use your playground coop skills still when at work? No?

Actually, yes I do. I share the jumprope, and don''t ever bite my co-workers.
quote:Join the army and you''ll have the concept redefined.

Why would I want to redefine the concept? I personally do not enjoy having things beat into my head, as they do in the army. I am one of those people that can manage life myself, without a drill instructor and calling someone or other "sir" sixty times a day. Who cares if you army people can march in a synchronized manner?
quote:It''s a much deeper subject than it sounds and I was actually not at all talking about clean code with comments or anything. That''s just details.

Ok, my bad. Tell me, what exactly DID you mean then? I assumed you meant cooperation in the workplace (not your obviously superior army version of the word).
quote:Coop skills and social skills are very much alike and the reason I brought it up was because attending university is basically one long social skills course and employers know this.

I agree with you there. However, so is life in general (assuming you don''t hide in your house all day every day). I know people who went through college and still had no social skills, and others who didn''t, yet have excellent social skills.
But again, we aren''t talking about who gets hired first [supposedly]. This is about people being asses because some guy wants to program a game, and they don''t have the skills/ambition/imagination to do it themselves, so they put him down.
Just so my post isn''t 100% off topic, I say go for it, amesis!
Advertisement
This cracks me up. Amesis is looking for people to help him develop AI for his game. ONLY one post in this thread actually responds to his request.
The problem I have with these guys is they give other coders a bad name. There are many artists who think the programmers here are full of ****. They say the programmers can''t do what they say they can and the projects go no where. Because of this its impossible to get artists to join real projects at Game Dev. So when ever I see these idiots posting I''ll tell anyone who wants to listen that they are a waste of time. If they built a working demo first then fine I''d support them.
"I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity."George W. Bush
Ahhyuug Blhublhu Blaaaaaaaaaa

amesis, I respect your dream but you will be considered more seriously if you post more informations about yourself, your exeperience and this project.

The point is that if you are really going to make a "huge MMORPG" is that you will not need to ask some random people on a forum but rather ask the good coders that you had the chance of working with on thoses 10+ other games you made.

Good luck!
Guys, whether you love or hate Microsoft, or have a different definition of leadership skills to the next person is irrelevant here: this is the AI forum. Please keep on-topic or move discussion to the lounge/email/etc.
you fools who are saying it is not possible are the ones that will never get anywhere. you dream it, you think it through, you go about it skillfully, logically and detemined and it will get done. If all else fails, your determination will get you free stuff.. a awasome demo of a game engine show off its extreme flexability (in ai, quests, maps, chars, images, ect) brings about alot of oppourtunities. (ie. graphic artists wanteing to be apart of something big) or me, programming a ai for starfortres...

Burning_Bunny

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement