Sign in to follow this  

Learning C++ 11

This topic is 1440 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I last touched upon C++ a few years ago and since then most of my professional work has been in C#. As I'm looking to move country and gain a new career I'm wanting to freshen up my C++ knowledge and skillset.

Can someone recommend the best place on the web, or a book, that I may be able to learn the new C++ standards that have been put in place since I last used it?

The Wikipedia page for C++11 is a reasonable summary if you just want an overview about what's new. For a more comprehensive resource, cppreference.com is probably your best bet. cplusplus.com is another site easily seen in search results, but I would strongly suggest to prefer cppreference.com over cplusplus.com.

If you are not a beginner of the programming in general, i can suggest the one made by the creator of c++: c++Book. I've started with that. 

If you are not a beginner of the programming in general, i can suggest the one made by the creator of c++: c++Book

4th edition.

Yes, of course, i bought it in May and i'm very satisfied....

If you are not a beginner of the programming in general, i can suggest the one made by the creator of c++: c++Book

4th edition.

Yes, of course, i bought it in May and i'm very satisfied....
It's really confusing for me. Still a beginner

Sign in to follow this