Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chris21

Hidden Object Game

This topic is 1800 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

having problem with my hidden object game using unity2d in scripting..

Designing, destroying objects, scoring and how to end the game..

Edited by chris21

Advertisement

I have here a package of a HOG from this site http://blogs.unity3d.com/2013/05/17/a-good-workflow-to-smoothly-import-2d-content-into-unity-part-i-authoring-and-exporting/  that I downloaded I try it but I dont know how to give a score, timer and ending..

I am assuming that you have little to no programming or Unity experience. You might want to start with a simple Unity tutorial and some C# or JavaScript tutorials. What you're asking for is very simple on the surface but requires a lot of pre-existing knowledge on your part and if you had that knowledge already I wouldn't think you'd need to ask for broad help implementing a score or a timer.

If you do have experience with Unity and coding, you're going to have to ask more specific questions. Which part of adding a score are you stuck on? What code have you tried? What doesn't work and what errors do you get? Et cetera.

What you need to do is go to Amazon, B&N, or directly to PackT publishing and get Unity 3.x Game Devel. By Example - Beginner's Gde. - R. Creighton (Packt, 2011, that book will take you through various Game Tutorials on which by the end of the 2nd game you will know how to do everything that your asking us tot ell you how to do. It's very concise and easy to follow.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!