• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
fir

strange border around app window and then it closes

This topic is 2084 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i got strange effect, when i compile and run my simple

winapi program sometimes (recently often though not all the

time) some strange border appears around my app window

it is working a couple of seconds then closes silently)

I got no idea what it is

(this border is red, though i was tinkering with customization

of windows so maybe i set this color, though normal elements

ale not red here, so i dont know, I am using winXp sp3)

Advertisement

Can you show us a minimal code sample that exhibits the problem, and perhaps a screenshot showing exactly what the visual effect you're seeing looks like?

Are you doing anything unusual (like this experiment of yours) in the problematic code, or is it a normal program other than the error in question?

Can you show us a minimal code sample that exhibits the problem, and perhaps a screenshot showing exactly what the visual effect you're seeing looks like?

Are you doing anything unusual (like this experiment of yours) in the problematic code, or is it a normal program other than the error in question?

this was probably avast shield thing, what a hellish thing (i could find it in my source till the end of the world),

i compile with -s -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions and got really smal exe 

(raytracer of size 14 kb exe) it was probably something the avast

didnt like :/

Edited by fir

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!