Free 2-D game engine for Python: SGE

Started by
14 comments, last by diligentcircle 10 years ago

However, if someone wants to step up and make a level editor or even a full IDE, it would certainly be appreciated, and I would be glad to help with it.
ok, i will wait Pyglet backend, please send me message, when it is done.
Advertisement

Nice work keep going!

But do you say "sage" when you name yours? tongue.png

No i pronounce it 'ES'-'GI'-'E". Letter by letter biggrin.png

ok, i will wait Pyglet backend, please send me message, when it is done.

I haven't started on that and won't start on it for a while (if at all; given the rate of development Pyglet seems to have, it seems PySDL2 has more of a future). Is there any particular reason you want to wait for a version of the SGE that uses Pyglet? Keep in mind that it would be compatible with the Pygame SGE; it's the same API.

Is there any particular reason you want to wait for a version of the SGE that uses Pyglet?

wrote in a personal, please check your incoming

PS

as alternative may be Allegro backend?

PS

as alternative may be Allegro backend?

It's possible. I probably won't do an Allegro one (unless I become interested in it at some point), but if you want to make an Allegro version, you can do so. In the releases directory, there's a download called "sge-spec". This is basically the template I used to develop the Pygame SGE, containing the basic structure and docstrings that explain all the functionality. All that needs to be done is for the functionality to be added and for a license to be chosen and applied.

I've released version 0.9.0 of the SGE today. As always, it can be downloaded here: http://stellarengine.nongnu.org

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement