• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

The IDirect3DDevice9::Clear method

This topic is 1445 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This might be a stupid question but does the Clear method only clear the current render targets?

The documentation says: "Clears one or more surfaces such as a render target, multiple render targets, a stencil buffer, and a depth buffer. [...] Use this method to clear a surface including: a render target, all render targets in an MRT, a stencil buffer, or a depth buffer. Flags determines how many surfaces are cleared. Use pRects to clear a subset of a surface defined by an array of rectangles."

If I set 4 render targets and call Clear(), will all these surfaces be cleared?

If I build a shadow map on a different render surface, then only if the pointer to the shadow map is taken off the MRT list it will not be cleared?

Advertisement

If I set 4 render targets and call Clear(), will all these surfaces be cleared?

Yes..

If I build a shadow map on a different render surface, then only if the pointer to the shadow map is taken off the MRT list it will not be cleared?

Try not to thing of in terms of pointers to render target, think in terms of rendertarget bound to the device. For MRT, if the render target is not written to via a shader, its content will remain the same, unless in your case you call Clear.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement