Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jona Marklund

Chummy Fishes [Action Puzzle] Post GGJ 2014 production

This topic is 1805 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello fellow devs,

First screenshot of the post GGJ2014 version of the game.

M_ChummyFishesBuild0023_Screenshot.PNG

We just threw together a small Unity webplayer demo where the Chummy Fishes (main "antagonists" of our new iOS, Android and Windows Phone game) will be introduced one at a time, with some music and the ability to scare the fish in question.

What do you think of this type of marketing?
Has anyone here tried anything similar before, and do you think it's worth the amount of work (about 12 hours) it causes?

Two weeks ago we finished this Global Game Jam game for the Kinect system :
now, we've decided to continue its development.

[video=youtube;_XS-TdMmWv4]http:
[/video]

I made a small break-down of my work on the 48 hour version of the game here :

Always fishing for some support, so if you wouldn't mind, kindly throw in a like or a share below!
Edited by Jona Marklund

Advertisement
Updated the first post with a screenshot from the new version.

Along different lines, this being a development forum, I'm the only artist on the project, and having only worked as technical artist with no 2D experience whatsoever, does anyone have any feedback or thoughts about the art style I've decided upon for the project?

Thanks a lot silkroadgame, always nice to hear!

Also, we got some new music for the game from our friends at https://www.facebook.com/LittorinaSounds
They love making music for game projects they find interesting, their rates are great and sometimes they even work for future project based revenue.

M_CFMusicNews01_Mockup.jpg
Edited by Jona Marklund

Game developers need love too, but we are generally oh so busy, and forgetful. Luckily, this year, we have some Chummy Fishes to save us from our girl and boyfriends unforgiving gazes.

Here's an album filled with emotionally loaded Valentine's Day cards for that special one in your life.

[Link to Chummy Fishes Valentine's Day Photo Album]

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.688967547792083.1073741829.681877031834468&type=1

Here's an example of the amount of feel you will experience while browsing that album.

M_0002_Valentines02.jpg

Edited by Jona Marklund

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!