Angelscript stdstring

Started by
3 comments, last by WitchLord 10 years, 2 months ago

Angelscript in the latest revisions seems to have snuck in a memory leak into stdstring implementation. Atleast Esenthel Engine's memory leak detector seems to find that somewhere inside it is when using string inside angelscript.

Advertisement

Ok I see, its because of the string factory, I actually have to disable it to prevent those messages from popping up.

Not sure how Esenthel Engine is doing his memory leak detection but it is annoying as hell.

Although I notice CleanupEngineStringPool isn't being called on application shutdown. Shouldn't the breakpoint still be activated?

Perhaps you need to bring this up with Andre Santee? I'm not sure how he has integrated AngelScript within the Esenthel engine.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

ok, but who is Andre Santee?

oh Ethanon engine, well its quite different from Esenthel Engine though. :)

My mistake. The names are so similar :)

Is AngelScript pre-integrated in Esenthel, or did you do that yourself?

I don't know how the Esenthel engine works, but I imagine the memory leak detection routine it has might be executed before the script engine is released. Most likely the memory leak detection is executed as part of the destruction of some global object. In C++ it is difficult to define the order in which global objects are destroyed, so if the AngelScript is also stored as a global object it is quite possible that the memory leak detection runs before the engine is destroyed.

The script engine will only call the CleanupEngineStringPool callback when it is about to be destroyed (it's called from within the engine destructor).

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement