BCB AND NEWBIE GAME DEV

Started by
17 comments, last by SAKIRA 22 years, 5 months ago
HI IM A NEWBIE AND AM USING BCB IVE GOTTEN LINKS TO SITES LIKE FOTECH AND OTHER SITES ABOUT BCB AND DX BUT THAT STUFFIS TOO ADVANCED CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO MAKE A TETRIS LIKE GAME OR SOMTHING IN BCB WITH EITHER OPEN GL OR DX FROM A NEWBIE LEVEL A COMPLETE FRESH START? THX SAKIRA10@HOTMAIL.COM
Advertisement
This will answer all of your questions.

~~~~~~~~~~
FreeBSD.org - worship the Daemon!
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
PLEASE TRY TO USE NOT ONLY CAPITALS NEXT TIME
oh shit, didn't check out that link of yours Martee

Edited by - TheSisko on October 30, 2001 12:49:55 AM
so what are you saying peeple wont answer my post because it in caps lol
whatever
yeah thx for the help
real mature
The caps are annoying, yes, but not what bothers me most. What bothers *me*, is the complete lack of grammar and punctuation (or whatever it''s called :p )
All caps is taken to mean that you are shouting. It is all part of what is called netiquette.

If you are a complete newbie, I would try using the components that come with BCB as a starting point. Drop a TImage on your form and draw things onto it using its Canvas.

If you were using Delphi, then I would recommend the DelphiX set of components. They make using DirectX in Delphi very easy. There is no equivalent for BCB as far as I know.

Steve ''Sly'' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
There''s always BCB DirectX...

http://bcbdirectx.sourceforge.net

BCB DirectX uses the Borland/Inprise C++Builder compiler to create a library of RAD components that accelerate DirectX Game development.

[ Michael Wilson | turbo sys-op | turbo.gamedev.net ]
[ Michael Wilson | turbo sys-op | turbo.gamedev.net ]
THX
I HAVE GOTTEN THE BCBDXLIBS AND INSTALLED IS THERE SOME SORT OF TOTURIAL OUT THERE FOR EM?
LIKE TO MAKE A TETRIS OR SOMTHING?
Hey, you''re making progress!! You''re now using ''?'' characters!! heheh.....
I don''t think there''s really that much about BCB on the net.
Oops
sorry about that
not tryin to be an a@#
my log in is in caps along with everything else

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement