My Mobile game idea (with GDD)

Started by
3 comments, last by jbadams 10 years, 2 months ago

MiraMaze(tm)

Is a concept I've sat with for almost 6 months now. I'm a huge fan of the mobile scene its drew me away from consoles and seeing the most popular gimmick which is endless running. Now I wanna build on that concept so I added a maze where players would have to navigate and collect 1000 coins without fail. All the coins are single file so its not hunting. On top of that you will have a monster chasing you.

To all my fellow designers this is for a mobile game so don't dwell on its simplicity.

Advertisement

What's the point of your post? Are you making an announcement, or are you looking for some kind of feedback, or what?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Assuming you're looking for some feedback on the idea:

You say the objective is to collect 1,000 coins "without fail"; what happens if you miss a coin? Is it possible to miss a coin, and what happens if you do? Are you able to try to go back for it (allowing the pursuing monster to get much closer obviously!), or is it an instant level fail to miss a coin? Are there optional bonus items for a higher score, or just the coins?

Is the pursuing monster just some invincible creature to keep you moving at a minimum speed, or are you actually able to fight or at least delay it in any way?

There doesn't seem to be anything particularly original about the concept -- at least in the basic description you've given us here -- but it certainly has the potential to be a fun game if implemented correctly. smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

What's the point of your post? Are you making an announcement, or are you looking for some kind of feedback, or what?

Looking for feednack.

Assuming you're looking for some feedback on the idea:

You say the objective is to collect 1,000 coins "without fail"; what happens if you miss a coin? Is it possible to miss a coin, and what happens if you do? Are you able to try to go back for it (allowing the pursuing monster to get much closer obviously!), or is it an instant level fail to miss a coin? Are there optional bonus items for a higher score, or just the coins?

Is the pursuing monster just some invincible creature to keep you moving at a minimum speed, or are you actually able to fight or at least delay it in any way?

There doesn't seem to be anything particularly original about the concept -- at least in the basic description you've given us here -- but it certainly has the potential to be a fun game if implemented correctly. smile.png

This is why I love gamedev!

Well whats in my head and not on paper (thats a bad practice I have) there will be more than 1000 coins coins and without fail i mean hitting a wall or having the monster catch you.

As for the monster its at the same pace as the player, turning slows the player down. You'll note in my powerup section I listed a power up that would in fact make the player faster and a powerup that would slow down the creature.

The concept is to survive and collect coins and advance to the next level.

Did you mean to attach or link to your GDD? If so, you forgot to do so - we're only going off the very brief description above.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement