Pixel Pig Project

Started by
9 comments, last by technos 10 years, 1 month ago

I started coding a game about a flying egg-shaped pig. I'm more of a coder instead of a pixel artist, so any critiques will be appreciated. The game is very young and only a few days into development, but has some potential to be almost playable.

Here's a sneak peak:

pixelpig.png

I'm looking for a boss design, but I'm a bit stumped at this point. If anyone has any good boss ideas, please, feel free to fill in the blank!

ppboss.png

Advertisement

Well, since the main character seems to consist of both bacon and eggs, you could try to make a frying pan boss. ;)

Barbequor

At times, pixel pig may run out of fuel causing a crash land.

I'm currently working on a boss battle between a chicken school bus, can someone help me improve it a little? I suck at pixel art..

chicken.png

chicken2.png

I wouldn't worry about it, he has a certain charm as he is ( the chicken-bus ). I'm liking the multi-modal pixel pig movement, will allow for much gameplay. Good Work!

Your character designs are very original and the main character is animated quite well, you only need to draw the whole set of graphics more coherently.

• The pig-egg's body is shaded and three-dimensional: so should be the pig's wheels and all of the chicken-bus.
  • The trees are too small. If they are distant trees, in the background, place many more to give the impression of a forest: they currently look like climbable discrete scenery elements rather than decorations.
  • The pig-egg is also too large for the platforms: the steps are about half his width, while the tumbling animation in the video doesn't fit in the pit width. Enlarging scenery to double size should be enough (for example, the character could walk on steps).

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Well, since the main character seems to consist of both bacon and eggs, you could try to make a frying pan boss. ;)

Or a giant(?) set of teeth

--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact

can the egg-pig drill (spin) itself into the ground and let the opponent roll over it (except for the flame demon that will cook it)

features are to save flying fuel that recharges only slowly but digging takes time (needs to be started well ahead of the opponent arriving or crunnnnch....

piggy upgrade - the chainsaw

--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact

Great comments! I'll try to implement some of the suggestions into the next post. For now, here's a mini boss battle starring the chicken bus. He shoots kittens from his torpedo launcher:

Any more boss ideas? I'd also love to have a top-down area where pixel pig is falling from a skyscraper or launching upwards and needs to collect hearts or something to maintain his fuel level.

You can't simply flip the pig-egg's sprite when he turns: it's shaded with a light source on the front right, so it has to be shaded the same way regardless of direction.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement