Portable GUI library with animations, particles, etc.

Started by
2 comments, last by Angus Hollands 10 years, 1 month ago

I'm looking for a portable GUI library with support for animations and particles. My game is heavily GUI-based (a mix of Hidden Object and Tycoons), so i have lot's of buttons, lists, tables, graphs, etc. Since these are pretty common features, i've been looking for a portable and nice library. Any tips? :)

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm not aware of any libs combining particles and GUI. But some good pure GUI libs exists such as CEGUI.

Anyway, have you considered embedding a web browser in your game ? It can be with Awesomium or directly with Chormium Embedded.

This is the approach we have chosen for our game, and it is quite powerful ;)

I hope this helps !

----

www.winthatwar.com

Download our latest demo here.

www.insaneunity.com

@InsaneUnity

@DTR666

Thanks for the info, i like CEGUI, although it seems a little inflexible. Does anyone know if something like NGUI for Unity exists, but open-source and OpenGL/SDL?

Thanks for the info, i like CEGUI, although it seems a little inflexible. Does anyone know if something like NGUI for Unity exists, but open-source and OpenGL/SDL?

There is a project called BGUI for Blender (Game Engine). Blender has a library called bgl which is a Python wrapper for OpenGL. However, I believe that the latest versions of the library support the open source opengl bindings. I'm not sure what language you're using, but Python is pretty (relatively speaking) easy to implement into most environments if you're careful.

https://github.com/Moguri/bgui

It supports animations, but not particles. You'd need to implement them yourself. It may not be the best choice, but take a look!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement