2D SURVIVAL ''Game Engine'' ?

Started by
4 comments, last by Abstraktion 10 years, 1 month ago

Hi Guys i wanted to know what engines could i use to create 2D Survival Games...?

To create games like for example; Terraria... Junk Jack (X)...

Well... A Minecraft Like Game in 2D...

Thanks! biggrin.png

Advertisement

Try SFML!

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

Do you know a programming language? If so pick an engine that uses that language.

As Bratie mentioned, SFML is a good option for c++ devs.

LWJGL and libGDX for java.

monogame for c#.

Unity3D is a good option for just about anybody, there are a lot of tutorials, and supports scripting in c# and javascript.

If you don't know any programming languages, I would recommend going for c#, python, or java first, but c++ is also an option if you are willing to work a little harder.

Stay gold, Pony Boy.

LWJGL is a good library for Java, however figuring out how to do the math for the terrain generation is not going to be easy.

Without a game engine I find that creating 2D maps in Java is not very difficult.

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Do you know a programming language? If so pick an engine that uses that language.

As Bratie mentioned, SFML is a good option for c++ devs.

LWJGL and libGDX for java.

monogame for c#.

Unity3D is a good option for just about anybody, there are a lot of tutorials, and supports scripting in c# and javascript.

If you don't know any programming languages, I would recommend going for c#, python, or java first, but c++ is also an option if you are willing to work a little harder.

Thank's for your complete answer laugh.png

Well... i began a little bit learning C++ but if i start with c#, python or java will it be easier to learn c++ after??

And yeah i see Unity3D engine everywhere so i think i'll go for it! biggrin.png

LWJGL is a good library for Java, however figuring out how to do the math for the terrain generation is not going to be easy.

Without a game engine I find that creating 2D maps in Java is not very difficult.

For the random generation terrain i might be able to find some all ready codes to copy and paste them tongue.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement