Isometric Game Programming with DirectX 7.0

Started by
2 comments, last by Torwin 22 years, 5 months ago
After failing miserable to produce my own isometric engine I picked up the above book. I''m going through it and realizing me mistakes. However there are a few things I''m not quite sure of what goings on in the examples. Maybe I accidently skipped something or reread a paragraph but can someone explain the following lines if they know what they mean. //get a few metrics from the tileset int iTileWidth=tsIso.GetTileList()[0].rcDstExt.right-tsIso.GetTileList()[0].rcDstExt.left; int iTileHeight=tsIso.GetTileList()[0].rcDstExt.bottom-tsIso.GetTileList()[0].rcDstExt.top; I find these lines a few examples but for reference I''m looking at example IsoHex12_3.cpp in the MoveCursor function. If you have the book the page number is 323 and its located at the very bottom. Any help would be aprrciated. Torwin
Advertisement
I read the book but i don''t recognise it. After looking at it though, it looks like its figuring the width and height of a tile(maybe a unit tile) by subtracting parts from RECTS

[Edited by - kmsixpence on October 17, 2005 6:47:05 PM]
its for determining the width and height of the tile based on the rectangular area used to hold that tile in the tileset.

Get off my lawn!

I have a question about something in your book, but it might be better if I asked in the DirectX forum, I''m not sure.

I''ll ask here first though.

I was using the example programs in Chapter 5 and 6, but when I ran them, they seemed to set my monitor into a display mode it couldn''t handle.

I altered the programs myself to a 640x480x16 display, but I''d like to know if it would have something to do with the enumeration function you used. It seems designed to set the display mode to the higest possible with a colour depth of 16, and that is the setting that caused the display on my monitor not to work.

I''m hoping people have mentioned this before and there''s a simple answer?

Or perhaps my monitor just isn''t as good as my graphics card...

Oh and thanks for writing a great book!

--
Relee the Squirrel
-- Relee the Squirrel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement