May I use Warcraft3 models/textures/etc. in my Android/iOS Game?

Started by
7 comments, last by Simon West 10 years, 1 month ago

Advertisement

No.

You need to obtain permission from Activision Blizzard if you wish to use their assets.

[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

As Samith said, the answer is 'No'. Regardless of whether your game is free or not, those models are not your property and it is against (civil) law to use them without permission.

Moving you to our Business and Law forum.

I think it's been answered pretty well by now, but just to reiterate the above posts, no, you shouldn't use assets from an existing game in your project. The assets from an existing game are protected by copyright (and possibly trademark and other associated laws) and cannot be used with explicit permission from the owner, even if your own game is free.

See the articles on copying intellectual property and legal stuff and provided by Tom Sloper for some more information, or Google for "copyright" to learn more.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Thank you. I've read them now.

I will consider to find some other free assets.

Have you considered creating your own assets?

Have you considered creating your own assets?

Not yet.

Currently our team have only 2 programmers and no artist.

If we don't managed to find some assets, we may consider to spend some money and let someone to help us.

Look for inspiration from different places.

You may notice that Blizzard seemed to take a lot of inspiration from WarHammer models for a lot of their assets, so would maybe suggest to start there

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement