Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HScottH

OpenGL Help getting started in Visual Studio 2013

This topic is 1788 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings!

I can't seem to get a modern (GL 3+) project set up properly in Visual Studio 2013.  I get unresolved externals on things lik e_glDrawRangeElements.

I am a seasoned C++ programmer, but haven't done it in a few years. I have programmed GL on Windows, but it was GL 1.1.

For now, I have GLFW and have been able to run the GL 1.1 examples. I've added GLEW, and included glext.h and defined GL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES.  I have opengl32.lib, glfw3.lib, glew.lib and glu.lib referenced.

Can anybody help me get this set up properly?  I will be forever in your debt :-)

Advertisement

I have as follows:

* Added glew32.lib

* Added glfw32.lib

* Added opengl32.lib

My inclusions look like this:

#define GLEW_STATIC
#include <glew.h>

//#define GL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES
//#define GLFW_INCLUDE_GLCOREARB
//
#include <glfw3.h>
//#include <glext.h>

The commented out portions are ones I have tried both with and without, in various combinations.

I continue to get LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___glewDrawRangeElements

The same for ___glewBufferData, ___glewEnableVertexAttribArray, etc.

It is as if it can't find the .lib file, but I am certain it's in the correct place (/VC/lib).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!