XCode Help!

Started by
8 comments, last by KrinosX 10 years, 1 month ago

Hey Guys! I need help with the programing language in XCode! I am planning to make a 2D game so i wanna use XCode 5! Please anyone that can teach me? Thank you

Advertisement
Many people have created resources that you can use. You are unlikely to find someone on the site who is dedicated to be your personal tutor, unless perhaps you hired them for that.

BEFORE you start trying to write any games in Objective-C, you need to first learn it to its fullest.

Start out by watching as many tutorial videos as you can - like these ones here, and these ones here.

However, I still wouldn't use XCode and Objective-C to write your first game in (assuming it is your first...), I'd maybe start out with a simpler language/engine like Unity, just to get a feel for game design in general.

My website! yodamanjer.com
My development blog!

Follow me on Twitter! [twitter]jwg1991[/twitter]

Btw... the ultimate resource source for XCODE is: https://developer.apple.com/.

You will find lots of tutorials and the full documentations...

If its your first game, try something like Love2D ( https://love2d.org )

[]´s

KrinosX

BEFORE you start trying to write any games in Objective-C, you need to first learn it to its fullest.

Meh. I taught myself programming by writing CAD software in Objective-C.

It's not necessarily the easiest way to learn programming, nor would I recommend it for most people, but if you have the stick-to-it-ness to plough your way through it, it can work well enough.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Start out by watching as many tutorial videos as you can - like these ones here, and these ones here.

However, I still wouldn't use XCode and Objective-C to write your first game in (assuming it is your first...), I'd maybe start out with a simpler language/engine like Unity, just to get a feel for game design in general.

Thanks everyone! Btw if i use Unity and publish my game, when my game starts up the unity sign will be displayed? And what engine was flappy birds built in? thank you

I want to create a simple and addictive game, like flappy birds

Anyone has other tips? Any good 2D Engine that where i will have the ability to publish the game on the App Store? thank you

I need help with the programing language in XCode!

Well, Xcode supports Objective-C, C, C++, Objective-C++, Java, Ruby on Rails, and perhaps others … so your statement is under-determined.

Any good 2D Engine that where i will have the ability to publish the game on the App Store?

With a little search on the internet you'll hit (more sooner than later)

* Cocos2D for both iOS and Mac OS

* Corona for iOS only (IIRC)

* Apple's own SpriteKit

and some others. Especially Cocos2D is very popular.

Well, Xcode supports Objective-C, C, C++, Objective-C++, Java, Ruby on Rails, and perhaps others … so your statement is under-determined.

Humm I think XCode 5+ does not have native support for java.... you may achieve this support using ANT and other tools with xcode.. but its not native... I think its the same for Ruby on rails and others....

AFAIK Xcode 5.0+ has native support for C / C++ / Objective-C ( I must check it in my laptop tonight.. but I think its it )... btw... if are you going to publish in App Store use Objective-C or some framework...

You may use Unity3d or something like that if you have the money to buy the license...

Otherwise use the some free frameworks like Haegarr suggested ( Cocos2D, Corona, etc )

KrinosX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement