My biggest hurdle before starting a big project.

Started by
13 comments, last by tanzanite7 10 years, 1 month ago

i got none problem with procastrination nor in planing - I just focus (slightly) on some thing to do and I do it (slowly) - then on another and another.. My problem is Im geting tired (often very tired) then usualy i need to rest.. (and that it al consumes to much time)

Advertisement

Yeah, sounds like you have the problem I was talking about in another thread. You design it, run into something you don't like, you go back and redesign it, rinse and repeat. This is a dangerous cycle that a lot of beginner programmers do unfortunately fall into. All you can do is try to consciously avoid this cycle and keep at it. Eventually you will get to where you can implement everything and not feel like you need to keep going back to redesign it over and over again.

Yeah, sounds like you have the problem I was talking about in another thread. You design it, run into something you don't like, you go back and redesign it, rinse and repeat. This is a dangerous cycle that a lot of beginner programmers do unfortunately fall into. All you can do is try to consciously avoid this cycle and keep at it. Eventually you will get to where you can implement everything and not feel like you need to keep going back to redesign it over and over again.

I thought it is unavoidable, you must do constant redesigning.. how you can avoid that?

I thought it is unavoidable, you must do constant redesigning.. how you can avoid that?

This take a long time to master, in other words, it's a skill you aquire with time, and a lot of programming.

Also, some planning really dosen't hurt.

You could start by making XML graphics stuffs(i forgot how it's called) to see how the pieces fit togheter, build some interfaces before actually start coding something ect.

Anyway, most of the time, you first draft of the code will require a recode or two, but that's mostly matter for big projects.

Getting things done.

Avoid bad design to begin with and when you made a mistake there then avoid low benefit redesigns (things do not need to be absolutely perfect when good enough is - good enough). Now, where one draws the line - that is a difficult question. Experience helps.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement