Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Daltrey Waters

Angry Birds Game Design Analysis Video

This topic is 1776 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone,

I've made a game design analysis video for Angry Birds, where I analyse its simplicity in design.

You can watch the video here --

Feel free to provide comments and feedback

Thanks!

Advertisement

I am 3 minutes into your video, and I chose to follow this post. I like it a lot! Now to finish watching... 

Okay, 8 minutes in and really loving it! haha. 

You make me see just how brilliant the people who handled Angry Birds are. I already saw it a little, but not this much. They are brilliant!

One main thing I think that was really smart was to not make a detailed story for the characters in the game. Also the multiple characters was a great idea (your point about the archer). The reason this was so smart is because it did not set a story that had to be followed for all subsequent ventures. This opened up so many opportunities. They could have all sorts of product freedom. AngryBirds can be a game, a movie, a t-shirt, a cartoon, etc. 

I love the movie RIO by the way. haha. 

Edited by Tutorial Doctor

Well done. Although I never saw this game before your analysis sounds true.

However, I noticed that the birds are committing suicide via slingshot to kill pigs, which means that the plot plays into cartoon violence. Cartoons are viewed by adults and presumed harmless, and then filtered down to sales to their children who are just learning brand loyalty. This creates a hook so the kids are asking for more, when their parents would have gotten tired already.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!